Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Top Speed with SpeedoDRD

Go down 
+3
TMR
killbill
motokid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Top Speed with SpeedoDRD Empty
PostSubject: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 pm

So I finally got out today for some joy riding. The rain let up and the roads began to dry.

So I am running a 12t front sprocket, Attitude EFI, and stock exhaust.
AIS removed, and airbox flapper door glued down.

I installed the SpeedoDRD and adjusted per the web page calculator. -15.4%

Wide open, full throttle in a tucked position - 79mph
(no wind and cool temperatures....great conditions for top speed run on relatively level, if not a slight downhill road)

Now I did not have unlimited road, but I was able to hold full throttle for almost a minute.

I was a little bummed I could not hit 80mph.

Next thing I order is an aftermarket pipe. Gotta go with the Q4 it seems.
Hope that opens things up enough to get over that 80mph hump.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
killbill

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:03 pm

mine is completely stock and the personal record is 87miles. Top Speed with SpeedoDRD 93746
(13T)
actually the wrr is dangerous after 65 miles, you think you are in a downhill competition!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:14 pm

killbill wrote:
mine is completely stock and the personal record is 87miles. Top Speed with SpeedoDRD 93746
(13T)
actually the wrr is dangerous after 65 miles, you think you are in a downhill competition!

If you have a 100% stock Yamaha the speedometer is most likely reading about 7% faster than reality.

Unless things are different than what we get in USA.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
killbill

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 am

motokid wrote:
killbill wrote:
(13T)

If you have a 100% stock Yamaha the speedometer is most likely reading about 7% faster than reality.

thats right. i dont know the differences beetween the eu and the us model but i think its the same. i decided to change to 12t and drdspeedo. next month!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm

I saw 82mph today on three different occasions. Top Speed with SpeedoDRD 379944

Only change is the weather. It was colder today.

I did a group supermoto ride that covered about 200 miles.
14 of us. There was two wr250x's, a boat load of KTM's , some DRZ's, and an Aprilia and a Husqvarna.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
TMR

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:24 am

And how did the WR250X stack up with that collection of supermoto's?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 am

It was a completely awesome ride. I was down on top speed obviously compared to most of the guys. But most of our riding was on tighter roads so the weakest link was the rider not the bike. Top Speed with SpeedoDRD 61865

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 am

I saw 86mph indicated on my last full throttle, tucked in, slight downhill but nothing really "steep" blast down a country road. It was a cold day though. Lower 40's. Better for engine. Top Speed with SpeedoDRD 93746

I think getting a good top speed on the X requires really working each gear hard and not short shifting in any gear, but especially obvious is not shifting from 5th to 6th until you are almost on the rev limiter in 5th.

I don't think I'd have seen 86mph had I shifted into 6th earlier than I did. Not without having much much more road to play with, and I don't have that much road around where I live.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 am

I hit 89mph top speed, on the highway, going the same direction as the wind, with SpeedoDRD calibrated. It took a while to get there, after 80mph, it was slowly creeping, I had the throttle wide open pegged. I think it would have hit 90 if I left it alone long enough, but I was at my exit. I used semi's to shield me from the wind at any points possible. I didn't shift up until I bounced off the rev limiter in each gear.
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 am

motokid wrote:
killbill wrote:
(13T)

Strange... i have eurobike and i am got 156km/h ~ 96mph. And my bike was 100% stock when i drove this "speedrecord". I dont know why but i think eurobikes have little more power than america`s bikes.... Top Speed with SpeedoDRD Icon_scratch and eurobikes is got too better dyno results than america`s bikes. Mhmm
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:32 am

Quote :
Strange... i have eurobike and i am got 156km/h
~ 96mph. And my bike was 100% stock when i drove this "speedrecord". I
dont know why but i think eurobikes have little more power than
america`s bikes.... Top Speed with SpeedoDRD Icon_scratch and eurobikes is got too better dyno results than america`s bikes. Mhmm

Actually on a stock bike without the speedometer calibrator, 96mph is really 89mph, same thing I am hitting (the stock speedo is 7% to 7.7% high from the factory on the WR250X/R)

euro bikes probably are mapped better or something, I'm sure emissions on the usa models are hindering some power.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 pm

When I first got my X, an 08, I took it out on the freeway at night & opened it up in nearly all gears. Was a little surprised to see a top speed of almost 100 mph. So I repeated it in the other direction, same freeway. Again 99-98....stock speedo
I was tucked in w/ no mirrors & half a tank of high test & a K&N air filter, flaper glued down.
Tires were at 40 psi.
I weigh in at 147 w/ helmet & armor jacket & 5'4". I hide well behind the tank.
My left hand was not on the grip.

After much messing around w/ an FMF programer & a lot of other things, the bike now will only do 90 on a cold day right after a rain.
Now w/ kenda 270 tires I hit 85 nearly daily when on the open clear hard pack. Stock gearing.
I have the smallest cc size of all the member in the C.A.D.S., our DS club.

The bike actually runs so much better now w/o having such a high top end.
This x really runs like something else now........all good too.

I would just like a bigger tank.
Back to top Go down
wilburj

wilburj

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I did not put this on my WRR but on my Honda RC46 and it just feels good to have the correct speed doesn't it. Just a nice secure feeling. The speedometer error on the Honda was more that 12% and now is almost dead accurate according to my Garmin E-Trex. I am thinking about one for the Wr but, I mostly just run it up and down the trails so it always makes me feel better to see a speedometer reading of 35 when i am only doing 17 mph makes me feel fast. lol. Really this is a great product. What I think is crazy is of all the bikes to have an accurate speedo the Harley Davidson does----why them and no-one else after all they rarely reach the speed limit anyway unless they are going downhill with a strong tailwind lol that is probably going to get me in trouble isn't it wilburj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed with SpeedoDRD   Top Speed with SpeedoDRD Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Speed with SpeedoDRD
Page 1 of 1