Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge

Go down 
+17
cannon
john92
ZED
Mr.Metal
rokka
PooTeeTat
mcwbyu82
galland1
blaisew
garman
sswrx
vwsandman
WRoldman
King Wolf
ramz
Machtig
12oclocker
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Empty
PostSubject: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Well guys this month I should have a [Tach/Speedo/GPI] gauge prototype done!
I plan for it to have a Bar-graph Tach above the Digit Readouts! which operates all the time [not shown in video].
A button will toggle between [speed/tach] digit readout.
Left most digit will be a Gear Position Indicator, the unit will have a simple 'Learning Mode' where you drive through each gear, and it learns the gears.
I am going to make the Gear position indicator digit yellow, the other digits will be red.
Unit will be plug and play for the WR250X/R.

(Another thing that has been slowing me down on the tach only design is I want these two designs to share the same case, hence I must finished them both before either can be released)

Video thus far [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnpeCd1r5w ] Bar-graph tach is not shown in vid, I should have that part next weekend.

For those not wanting a speedo, you can leave the display in tach mode all the time, the unit will always startup in whatever mode you leave it in.

Hit me with some feedback guys!
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:23 pm

How is the size of this unit compared to the standalone tach that you have the video of on your website?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 pm

exactly the same size, they are both going to use that enclosure in the video
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 pm

12oclocker wrote:
exactly the same size, they are both going to use that enclosure in the video

Nice! I really like the gear indicator.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 am

Temperature gauge or overheated indicator. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 911463
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 am

ramz wrote:
Temperature gauge or overheated indicator. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 911463

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 29721 lol, well I have 2 extra ports on the chip I can assign as AUX ports, which you can tie in to any indicator light line, and it can throw a warning on the screen for you, basically the aux lines would detect a voltage [such as signal that would light an indicator lamp] and it would trigger whatever message you selected for the aux line. <- Let me know what you think of that...
and...
I also have an extra port I can use for monitoring an analog signal, such as a thermistor, for temperature readings.
It would be ideal to tap into the stock thermistor sensor, however getting the datasheet for the stock thermistor may be pretty hard, and I will need that datasheet so I can map the non-linear tempature curve to display the correct temperature. I will look into this as well.
anyone that can get the datasheet for the stock temp sensor on the wr250x before I do will get a free unit. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 61865
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 am

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Moz-screenshot
[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Temp_s11

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Temp_d10

Here is Some info on the temperature senor for you 12oclcker. Hopefully this is anuf data for you. Would mind a free unit or a really really discounted one [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 525406

So whats the diff between the stand alone tach and this one? I would totally rather have this one. Great video by the way. i cant wait to get one. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 379944
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

only difference is this one has an extra connector for the speed sensor (to display speed) and it also has a gear position indicator.
The datasheet info I'm looking for is a huge chart which shows every degree of temperature and the resistance of the sensor at every temperature level. I may just have to buy a sensor, and do a bunch of measurements myself to make a chart, one problem is these sensors are sometimes not very accurate, they can usually vary about 10 to 20 degree's at 180F
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

Bare with me cause I am no electronics guy. What are the advantages of yours vs. going with something like these?
[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Ba023w00[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Ba018b00
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: F1 style tach only?   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Loving the tach design! VERY interested in the F1 style tach that would mount over the OEM cluster and look OEM...not sure I need the gear indicator and speed part though..would this slim of a design have enough room for the electronics? I suppose that could be a seperate part that went behind the headlight?

You need a case saver/guard kit right? Maybe we can work a deal? [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 810411
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

WRoldman wrote:
Bare with me cause I am no electronics guy. What are the advantages of yours vs. going with something like these?
Advantages....
will cost less.
Smaller.
Gear Position Indicator.
Plug and Play.
instead of a Fixed 10,000 / 15,000 / 20,000 rpm max range, my unit will be completely variable on setting your max rpm range, meaning you can set your max rpm to 11,500 or 11,600, etc.. so your bargraph meter will actually be at max tach when it's at the top of the scale.
my unit does not track mileage, where the Koso unit does (not an advantage, lol, just pointing that out)
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 am

Looks great & I really like the gear indicator. I can never remember what gear I'm in & it's something I would find useful.
Back to top Go down
garman

PostSubject: 12 oclocker   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Ok dollars in hand, when and how much? Love your speedoDrD, got my 08 wrx to within 1 mph
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:41 am

garman wrote:
Ok dollars in hand, when and how much? Love your speedoDrD, got my 08 wrx to within 1 mph
Thanks!, I know I need to get back to finishing this thing up, I've been slammed with orders, been working 17 hour days all month long, kinda cutting into the R&D time, I'll get everything caught up soon (fingers crossed)
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah let us know whenever you get a exact/estimated date when you will have a few done?
Cause I def would like one.
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: [Tach/Speedo/GPI]   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I want one! Just keep us up on when to order!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 pm

will do! [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 61865
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:14 am

I want one too. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 911463 [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 93746 [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 93746 [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge 93746
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Bump. Ditto, when are these gonna be available 12oclock?
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:17 pm

I want to get on the E-mail list too. By the way, when are the flasher units going to be for sale?
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: speedo correction   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:35 am

Will there be speedo correction within this unit?

What's your ETA right now?
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Speedodrd   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:05 am

I have 13/48 stock tires(R) and i am not sure what version m/x i have on the calibrator. If i type in 13 48 in my specs and with X i get

Hold the button until the LED turns ORANGE then release (you will then be in setup mode)
Hold the button until the LED turns ORANGE then release (this selects "No Conversion" mode)
Hold the button until the LED turns RED then release (this selects a negative number)
Hold the button for 10 RED blinks then release (this enter's a 0 digit)
Hold the button for 7 RED blinks then release (this enter's a 7 digit)
Hold the button for 7 RED blinks then release (this enter's a .7 digit)

I have a feeling i did not get it right. [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Interesting... is there any update on this nifty little device?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Hmmm.... No update for months. Interesting gadget though. lurk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge   [Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge Empty

Back to top Go down

[Tach / Speedo / GPI] combo gauge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next