Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Empty
PostSubject: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom EmptyWed May 11, 2016 5:48 am

Hi all, got a custom made skid plate for my new wr250r. While bolting it in the bolt were abit too long and it scrached abit the buttom of the engine making a tiny scrach mark on it half round shaped. Whats the thickness of the buttom? Should i be worried?Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Image13
Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Image12
Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Image16
Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Image14
Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Image15
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:43 am

Ummm...go to the hardware store and get a shorter bolt asap! The case will be fine if you change that bolt now.....if not, in the future you will be looking at an expensive repair!
Back to top Go down
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:46 am

Already did change it
Im worried about the damage now ..
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom EmptyWed May 11, 2016 8:53 am

That is nothing to worry about at this point. From the picture it looks minor and it is not leaking.....go ride and have fun. thumb
Back to top Go down
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom EmptyWed May 11, 2016 3:56 pm

I see.. Thanks. I hope it wont start leaking after offroad rides..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom   Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid guard installing made a mark on the buttom
Page 1 of 1