Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekeeper

Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question Empty
PostSubject: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:02 am

hi,
i tried to lower the bike by the oem clevis nut.
2 questions: after i have losen the jam nut, the clevis didnt turn on the rod but was turning with the entire shock bolt.. i couldnt seperate it from the shock bolt so i stopped and came here.

i guess the entine rod shouldnt be turning with the clevis right?
if i did turn it abit and saw its turning all together could i made damage to the shock?

and lastly, by lowering the bike this way do i lose clearance?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Theres a spot on the shock shaft above the rebound knob for a wrench, you need to hold it with a wrench to stop it from turning to move the clevis.
You wont hurt a thing by spinning the shock shaft(shock bolt as you called it).

The whole point of lowering the bike is to get it closer to the ground so your going to lose up to an inch of clearance as you can only lower the bike a little under an inch.
Back to top Go down
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks alot!
I am wondering if its worth it then.. Cause i can handle the bike ad it is.

How is the handling after the lowering? Wont it affect the balance?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question EmptyMon May 23, 2016 8:26 am

This bike still turns well with the rear lower than stock.

I preferred having the rear lowered 3/4 of an inch with the front stock height for riding fast open stuff and in sand but had to raise mine back up to keep from getting the skid plate hung up in some of the nasty trails I ride, I need all the clearance I can get. If you can handle the bike stock height I'd leave it stock height.

Theres also the issue of most off road tires being taller than stock and raising the rear up, lowering the rear cancels out the amount taller tires raise it up getting you back to stock height. thumb
Back to top Go down
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question EmptyMon May 23, 2016 2:32 pm

I see.. Thanks.
Already with knobbies and i can handle thw bike as is but it would be better if i had 1 less cm.. Anyway ill leave it as is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question   Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question Empty

Back to top Go down

Clevis lowering, clearance and a general question
Page 1 of 1