Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! Empty
PostSubject: Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!   Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:35 am

Here is my little story: freaky

So I was first in line at a traffic light yesterday with a 6 pack of frosty cold Samuel Adams Rebel Yell beer in my back pack. It was on sale! $1 off!!! bannana
The two lanes merged into one 100 yards after the intersection. I wasn't thinking anything about it... just waiting for the light to change. A Pontiac GTO was in the lane next to me. The light turned green and he hit the gas right away and spun his tires off the line. I didn't expect that but I hit the gas right as soon as I realized what he was up to. dddog Even though I was late to the party, first gear took me from the rear of his car up to the middle of his door. Second gear put me even with his front bumper. Third and fourth put me in a comfortable position to politely signal and merge in front of him. dunno He was a good sport about it and didn't tail gate me or anything .... he was clearly beat. I know it's hard to get 4,000 lbs of car moving and hopefully will learn not to mess with lightweight dirt bikes anymore.

Important facts:

• Beer was getting warm, the longer beer is in a back pack, the heavier it gets.

• My last tank of fuel was some crappy 97 octane regular. These bikes run ok on regular but premium will add a bit of extra power.

• My weight with helmet, back pack beer was probably around 160#, so the bike is pretty quick a lighter rider.

• Stock gearing

• FMF power core or whatever that loud pipe is, I have it on. Stock fuel management, but some other typical mods, see signature.

• All actions above performed by professionals using familiar equipment, do not attempt this at home.

• Drag racing is illegal, I'm happy no cops were around.

Ok, let's hear your racing stories ...... dddog
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!   Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:26 am

That guy in the GTO must not have been pressing on the gas, lol.... lurk
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!   Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:35 pm

To be honest in inner city "drag-racing" up to the legal speed the WR copes pretty well imo. That means up to a top speed of about 70 km/h (~45 mph) it does better than you'd expect. Of course once the speeds get higher and 4,5 gear is needed, the bike hardly moves forward anymore poser2

Important are two thing imo:

low weight ( I'm also about 75 kg with gear)
proper launching technique

The bike doesn't make much toque down low, so it needs a lot (and then some) revs with good clutch control (managing the slip) to get it moving swiftly off the line thumb

However beating a pontiac GTO seems quite optimistic if he actually floored it haha (wikipedia says 0-100 in 4.8 sec). I'm happy with beating the likes of Golfs GTIs and Audi S3 etc. I think anything that needs about 5.5-6 sec to get to 100 can be beaten off the line to speeds up to 70 km/h. At least that's my experience freaky
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!   Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

CRFan1 wrote:
That guy in the GTO must not have been pressing on the gas, lol.... lurk

Well he was spinning his wheels and that's where I got him. The WRR is supposed to run about a 6.5 0-60. Most muscle cars couldn't even do that if you've ever read any performance reports ... unless you had a big block and some traction. bert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!   Let's hear where  your WRR whooped up on someone else! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's hear where your WRR whooped up on someone else!
Page 1 of 1