Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First Service at Dealer

Go down 
+5
deerHater
BluePill
0007onWR
YZEtc
Crawdaddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

First Service at Dealer Empty
PostSubject: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:39 pm

How many folks who bought "new" bikes bothered with the recommended "First Service" at the dealer after ~10 hours? Seems like a waste of time/$$ to me and pretty sure the warranty is not voided if it's blown off......if anyone knows otherwise please educate me......thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:58 pm

If you know how to take care of the bike, you can easily do it yourself.
The warranty cannot be voided if you do your own maintenance. :)

What's typically done at a typical dealer-serviced 600 mile checkup is the same kind of stuff that the average enthusiast would do to their bikes on a rainy Saturday in the garage (basic things shown in the maintenance schedule in your Owner's Manual).
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 am

Warranty is Not voided if you do the work yourself
It is voided if you do it wrong or dont do it at all
The first service is meant to catch PDI or assembly problems and factory errors
And get those things that change quickly when new and breaking in, Cable stretch, chain stretch, brake light switches etc etc
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 am

I save the receipts for oil and filters in case there's any question. Especially important with YES extended warranty.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Comming up on the first service, called dealer and asked what they do:
- oil & filter
- check bearings
- check brakes
- balance carbs
I stopped him right there. First Service at Dealer 724854 Yes, he said carbs, not carb.
Would it have been less wrong for him to say balance the Fuel Injections? First Service at Dealer 851577

I'll do my own first service....

Last edited by deerHater on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Those bastards! They never mentioned our much loved flux capacitors! First Service at Dealer 724854

craigq

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:37 pm

DeerHater, since you're in Ottawa could you identify the dealer ? Feel free to PM me First Service at Dealer 163123
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:54 pm

I took mine in and had the initial service done. Went down the road and turned right back around and said "Fix the clutch, its burning, smell it." They adjusted it wrong-amazing. Easy to do but I wanted them to do everything first. I also had all the fasteners re-torqued and the bike washed too.
When I went to do the second oil change at the house the drain plug had the hex stripped off, so now a damn wrench wont fit. I called Bobby my sales man and I took it back and got the oil and filter done for free since they had to drain it to get the new drain plug in. Asses. Free drain plug too. Asses.
Cycle World of Athens. Asses. Awesome Harley inventory, nice parts selection, smokin hot counter girl named Taylor but the service dept. needs someone in there to tighten up the crew. So glad Shewolf sent me that PDF service manual. First Service at Dealer 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Glad to help. First Service at Dealer 163123

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

so there's a service manual in pdf format floating around? First Service at Dealer 640571 First Service at Dealer 379944

Might I peruse that file, by chance? First Service at Dealer 204616

notarat@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 am

Check your PM. First Service at Dealer 61865 Ahhh ok, now I know who you are! First Service at Dealer 93746

PostSubject: Re: First Service at Dealer   First Service at Dealer Empty

Back to top Go down

First Service at Dealer
Page 1 of 1