Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!

Go down 
+4
Biglake
miniceptor86
YZEtc
TinyL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TinyL

TinyL

Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 am

Just got the call i have been waiting for! My 2013 WRR is in! He was looking her over and was wondering if i would be picking it up today...dang stuck at my job all day baldy

Told him i would be in next Wednesday to pick it up...then he mentions its the first one he has seen with a kickstart. Made me pause...asked if he was sure and he said he was looking right at it! Can't remember if the one i rode last week had it or not...but according to Yamaha website its supposed to be electric start only.

This has got me nervous! Did they bring it back for a reason? Is my dealer a total moron? Am i a total moron that doesn't know about a change? dunno

I got till next Wednesday for you all to set me straight...

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 am

If he's looking at a Yamaha motorcycle with a kickstarter, yes, he is a moron.
Ask him to quit messing around and make a positive ID of the unit.
Be sure to tell us what he's talking about, too.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 am

Hi,

Sounds like your dealer is looking at a wr250"F". When shopping for my "R" a couple of sales people didn't recognize the difference and tried to sell me a "F".

Jim
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 am

Hes looking at the wr250f lol.
My 2013 doesnt have a kickstart, they didnt change anything on he 2013s except for the white rear fender.
None of the dealers around here know anything about the wr250r either.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 pm

I'd be worried they ordered the wrong bike. Let's hope the WRR is there too.
Back to top Go down
Bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Same type of thing happened to me dealer had a 2011 wrr listed called and went over to buy and is was an F. dddog Whent to another dealer to by my 2013. Guess what no kick starter.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 pm

You'd think the dealer would realize something was funny when the "dual sport" bike you ordered has no mirrors or turn signals...

If I were you I'd be taking your business elsewhere (and buying a 2012 model)
Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:22 am

Well, that explains it! Bet your right...the possibility he was looking at a pure dirt bike didnt enter my mind...i was all hopped up when he said it was in. bannana Guess i had better call and make sure they have an Wr250R in stock... Dealer is an hour away. I think i will start with the question ...does it have mirrors? I will definetly post back here Wednesday after i talk to him.

Thanks for the help!

Everybody have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Well, the wait continues GAHHHH

Talked to my salesman for 5 minutes before he admitted he messed up...then he wanted to know if i wanted the WR250F at a discount...uhhhh NO!

He put me on with the sales manager who said it would be at least 3 weeks to get a WRR in...crap!

Being no other dealers close leaves me at their mercy...so the wait continues...

Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi,

Maybe its time to negotiate a new lower price for your inconvenience?

Jim
Back to top Go down
06flex

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Ask for a wr450f for the same price....put some turn signals on it and enjoy.... thumb almost forgot the 2013 have FI.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:06 pm

06flex wrote:
Ask for a wr450f for the same price....put some turn signals on it and enjoy.... thumb almost forgot the 2013 have FI.

Yeah so he can take it on the highway and have his ass go numb from the vibrations?
Back to top Go down
06flex

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:21 pm

shep546 wrote:
06flex wrote:

Yeah so he can take it on the highway and have his ass go numb from the vibrations?
Welllllll.......I was not aware our machines(wr250r/x) were great touring machines. Does
your wr450f beat you that bad?
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm

06flex wrote:
shep546 wrote:
06flex wrote:

Welllllll.......I was not aware our machines(wr250r/x) were great touring machines. Does
your wr450f beat you that bad?

I don't own one but have ridden a street legal one and they vibrate pretty bad even at city speeds, no counter-balancer...
Back to top Go down
06flex

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 pm

The extra power is well worth it. Did you ride one with dirt tires or sumo tires? I guess if you need one bike to do it all which most people do then the wr250r is it. I learned a long time ago that a dirt bike / dual sport is not a good cruiser. So for my mini adventures wr450 it is. For long road trips road king it is. Don't get me wrong the wr250r/x can do it all but if you have the ability (finances) to have the "right tool for the job", then have a bike for each purpose.
Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 am

I like the idea of the extra power...but I am just getting back into riding in the dirt and think the WR450 would maybe be more than i want powerwise at this point...BUT i tend to be a quick learner and if i feel the need for more power then somebody will get a nicely FARKLED WRR at a good price. I'm on my 3rd road machine in 4 years...06 VTX1300, 09 ST1300, 2010 Goldwing...found out the Goldwing is what i wanted for the street. I will run the WRR up many trails and along a few local rivers and see if it makes me happy...maybe by then if i feel i need more, they might have a WR450R in the USA. Driving me nuts waiting on it! Have already bought a rear rack, Scotts steering dampner and HDB triple clamp with powerlet 1 1/8 inch. Looking at handlebars but want to make sure what i buy wont require a bunch of cable and lines length problems. Also researching skid plates, aux lighting and other advice on "necessary" bits and pieces.

You riders are some great help here! Love reading up on rides and modifications!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!   Dealer called...IT'S Here!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dealer called...IT'S Here!!!
Page 1 of 1