Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Second indicator warning light!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drbike

Second indicator warning light! Empty
PostSubject: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 pm

I know its an odd request but I wonder if anyone knows if there is an easy way to add a second turn signal indicator light.

Since these don't cancel and I tend not to see the existing warning light I was thinking of adding a second led light to help me out.

In my ignorance I thought that I would be able to get a signal off the flasher unit near the tool box. No!

I can get a signal off the flashers themselves but then I would need two warning lights....

the headlight area looks darn scary and I think the wire I need is part of the computer board.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am

drbike wrote:
Any suggestions?

1) Remember that you turned it on. (That memory doesn't have to last longer than a couple of minutes.)
2) Look for the green light on the same display where you check speed, distance travelled, and error codes, etc.
3) Look for one of the big orange flashing lights on either side of your headlight (if stock turn signals.)

Not trying to be a smartass, but if one of the methods above doesn't work I can't imagine why an additional warning light will.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 12:42 pm

wwguy wrote:
drbike wrote:
Any suggestions?

1) Remember that you turned it on. (That memory doesn't have to last longer than a couple of minutes.)
2) Look for the green light on the same display where you check speed, distance travelled, and error codes, etc.
3) Look for one of the big orange flashing lights on either side of your headlight (if stock turn signals.)

Not trying to be a smartass, but if one of the methods above doesn't work I can't imagine why an additional warning light will.

Thanks....he says with a smile........ Very happy ....I have lot of excuses
1.  I have a custom dash and the blinking light on the factory display is hidden unless I make mini effort to look for it
2.  I found the big blinking lights are hard for me to see unless I am actually looking for them especially in the bright sun
3.  Memory works fine but in heavy big city traffic this country bumpkin often forgets after quick lane changes the big cities of Mexico where thing happen fast were an issue at times.
4.  i often times cancel the signal but it doesn't cancel....its all muscle memory thing.
5.  I ride a few different bikes and the WR is the only one that gives me this grief.

OK I know you want to know what I came up with-I gave up and just added a LED for right and a Second one for left.
I will get back to you and tell you how it worked.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 5:51 pm

I was browsing on https://procycle.us/bikepages/wr250rx.html and thought of you. Search kisan signalminder or go to that website and scroll down to electrical. Pretty cool... Here's the write up from procycle--

SM-3 unit is designed as a plug-in replacement for most Honda and some newer European bikes. signalMinder uses a computer chip to cancel the turn signals. There are three selectable time outs: 10, 20, 30 seconds.

RUNNING LIGHT OPTION: By attaching two quick-connect wires included, you can convert ALL FOUR turn signals to running lights and establish a dual-channel system on your bike.

Special Note! For 2009 and up Kawasaki models that have onboard computer diagnostics, or if you have Alarm system that activates turn signals, please select SN-4D harness shown below.

Using the DIP Switch #1, you can keep them off and still have the dual-channel system. With the dual-channel system, when you activate the RIGHT turn signal three times in succession, you get 4-way hazard flash function.

BRAKE FLASH OPTION: will flash the turn signal lamps every time you apply brakes. A short 2 second flash pattern begins with quick flashes then slows down to stay on solid.

BRAKE OVERRIDE OPTION suspends the time-out feature until the brakes are released. This allows continued flashing for those times when you are waiting at the signals to make a turn and do not want the time-out to cancel the flashing.
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 6:47 pm

You should be able to get the signal off the flashers themselves with a single light, just use 2 diodes to stop the signal crossing over?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second indicator warning light!   Second indicator warning light! Empty

Back to top Go down

Second indicator warning light!
Page 1 of 1