Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Unabiker Radiator Guards?

Go down 
+7
wwguy
Two times
dicklane625
cgarai
Hayduke.wrr15
Biglake
kellow
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kellow

Unabiker Radiator Guards? Empty
PostSubject: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 am

Hello fellow WRRers, I've read a bunch of old posts regarding flatland and force rad guards.  people seemed to be waiting for unabiker to make one for wrr; well, they did. but I can't seem to find any reviews on it specifically to wrr. has anybody tried them out? thoughts? good fit? good protection? easy install? the price is great and the engineering seems to be efficient. feedback please! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kellow

PostSubject: Update   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 2:50 am

So I found great reviews on unabiker's products but none for their rad guard for the WRR. I decide to try it anyway; great pricing and reputation, seemed to be good reasons to do so.
It was fairly straight forward install with no surprises (I am a true beginner when it comes to mechanics). I like the quality of the piece and the design with cross bars protections that other companies offer at much higher price range... Very happy other rad guards in the same price range do not feature these cross bars.
I haven't crashed to test its functionality but I am overall very happy with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am

Could you post up a picture so others can see what the unabiker guard looks like. thumb
Back to top Go down
Hayduke.wrr15

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 am

Along those lines....will the rad guards work with a 3.1gallon IMS?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 12:01 pm

I can answer that one... the 3.1 gal ims tank has no effect on rad guards at all, so yes it will fit.
Back to top Go down
cgarai

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Will that radiator guard work with the IMS 4.7 Adventure tank?

I just bought a 2014 WR250R with the IMS 4.7g tank. The bike came with no guards on either side. Looks like there should be some sort of guard on the left side as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Hayduke.wrr15

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 10:20 am

Saw on another thread.(facebook-wrr/x group)....that the rad guard does not nor is it needed. The left side should have a black plastic shroud covering the electronics and such in there.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Besides for price and possible fitment issues with a bigger tank? The force looks like the best option to me... The unabike doesn't appear to protect the radiator tanks, like the flatland... I already have added to my flatland... Did that before I even used it but if I keep it it'll get some gussets and maybe a tube here or there...
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 pm

forgot theres some photos here- http://www.unabiker.com/products/unabiker-yamaha-08-16-wr250r-wr250x-radiator-guards
Back to top Go down
Two times

Two times

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 4:54 am

A friend of mine has Unabiker radiators guards on his DRZ. he gave me a good recommendation on Unabiker.
so a few months ago I have decided to buy one... purchased it in blue color, via e-bay, for 53 USD.

Overall, it looks like a good radiator guard.
blue color is very nice. good fitment (I have the stock fuel tank). it comes from a well known brand. the guard itself looks rigid & tough.
in addition, price is relatively low.

Installation naturally require working in tight & quite unaccessible areas - so it is not easy, but it was not difficult either... it will just takes you some time.
for 53$ I absolutely think this is a good deal. I would recommend this product.

Unabiker Radiator Guards? Img_2012

Unabiker Radiator Guards? Img_2013

Last edited by Two times on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Those look great, thanks for sharing.  $53 is an awesome price and the $60 price on Unibiker's web page isn't bad either.

I originally went with Force guards on my WRR but bought Unibiker rad guards for my Beta 2-stroke earlier this year.  I really like how the cross tubes in front and back of the radiator protect from side impact.  I've got no complaints about my Force radiator guard but if I had to buy radiator guards again for my WRR I'd probably look at Unibiker first.
Back to top Go down
drifteast

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:49 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but was wondering if anyone else has installed the Unabiker guard on their WR since the last update in this thread. I love the Unabiker design with the cross rods, but I had them for my DRZ and I was never able to get them to fit; it seems Suzuki had made some changes since Unabiker's original design that made them impossible to fit newer bikes. I'd rather not go through that frustration again. Maybe most folks here are going with the Flatland guard?
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:09 pm

drifteast wrote:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but was wondering if anyone else has installed the Unabiker guard on their WR since the last update in this thread.  I love the Unabiker design with the cross rods, but I had them for my DRZ and I was never able to get them to fit; it seems Suzuki had made some changes since Unabiker's original design that made them impossible to fit newer bikes.  I'd rather not go through that frustration again.  Maybe most folks here are going with the Flatland guard?

Well fortunately for you, the WR has been essentially the same since 08. I don’t know of any changes made to the radiator or the mounting of it.
Back to top Go down
smackdab

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Resurrecting this thread again. I got this for my WRR and for the life of me can't get it to fit. The pictures posted earlier above show the stock plastic fan guard in the back. But the install instructions say to leave the original fan guard off. Also, I don't see the side guard in the pictures, when the instructions say to install the side guard. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
drifteast

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 9:59 pm

I'm no help (don't have my WRR yet) but will be watching lurk I already picked up this guard in advance so hoping it's something simple...
Back to top Go down
smackdab

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 am

Finally got it on. Bottom line is that it required a lot of manhandling of the brackets attached to the radiator. Needed to bend them significantly to get everything to fit, but all looking ok now. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 12:24 pm

"Some assembly required"   hide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unabiker Radiator Guards?   Unabiker Radiator Guards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unabiker Radiator Guards?
Page 1 of 1