Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price

Go down 
+12
WRoldman
malibu_dan
David Haynes
eakins
skierd
SheWolf
poindexter
zacharias
IfuleU
matttys
Herkypilot
BPG
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price   Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:15 pm

I have the Flatlands and I am thinking about welding my own crossbars for better drop protection .. I will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price   Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:47 am

Aside from the rubbing issue. This is like the oil\rear rack\steering stabilizer discussion--everyone has an opinion--I'll reserve mine. Unless you have used both and compared them under testing all you have is your opinion. I've got different radiator braces on two bikes, one being the Flatlander, the other Devol.

eakins wrote:
since the force one has the industry standard crossbars (which flatland does not have and is key for sideways blunt force hit strength. flatland has eliminated the 3 cross bars, to save $, and is compensating by using slighly thicker alum.) i'd disagree about the flatland looking more stout. pics (on adv) of the force one fitting just fine w/ safari tanks, where as pics of the flatlander rubbing the tank are seen. basicly you're voting on the flatlander, even though it has 2 strikes against it, soley because it's cheaper. maybe wallmart has an even better deal.

http://www.everydayriding.org/2009/08/wr250r-force-accessories-radiator-guard.html

David Haynes wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
Not sure about the FL one, but the Force fits in there like a glove. Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price - Page 2 61865 A few ppl have that setup.

...the Flatland looks more stout and appears to be cheaper (all the pricing I found was in Australian dollars though, so I could be wrong since I'm not up on the exchange rate).

I'd just hate to get the Flatland and then have to modify or ditch it when I get the larger tank.
Back to top Go down

Flatland radiator guard - great protection, better price
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2