Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nwlinux

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience Empty
PostSubject: 2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience   2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 8:10 pm

I traded in my Triumph Tiger for a 2016 WR250R. This thing is fantastic!! I'm looking forward to getting out of the break-in period. Back to the tank install. Removing the tank was relatively simple. However, I cocked up attaching the IMS fuel line to the stock fuel pump. I wasn't thinking and cut the fuel pump's nylon transfer line. After running around forever and being unsuccessful with attaching a new piece of nylon fuel line, I chopped off a small piece of the IMS fuel line and attached it instead.

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience Fuelli10

The IMS documentation on the vacuum lines was unclear for me ims instructions. The longest vacuum line seems too short and gets all twisted and kinked up. I'm thinking that I need to get a longer line. Mine is fairly tight; I had to run it under and out the front of the seat. The instructions show that I should have ran it through the frame and up through the wiring mounts. But, the line is too short.

After nearly 6 hours, the install is complete. A quick note: the two bolts at the bottom of the tank on each side of the leaf don't come tightened from the factory. I poured in the initial gasoline and it came right back out the bottom! I'm glad that's done!

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience 20160910

My photo gallery are here.
Back to top Go down
olyinaz

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience   2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks for the report!

Oly
Back to top Go down

2016 WR250R IMS 4.7 gallon tank install experience
Page 1 of 1