Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

May be buying a Yamaha WR250R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
09wrx

09wrx

May be buying a Yamaha WR250R Empty
PostSubject: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I purchased a 2009 Wr250X new years ago but did not keep it long.Also purchased a used 2008 WR250R but like all the rest did not keep that long.I am in the market for a dualsport after selling my Xt225,Xt250, and my Honda CRF250L.How have the WR250R's held up over the years?I see a recall for stator issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 1:33 am

Some 2008's have fuel pump failures.  Some bikes wear out the chain slider, maybe caused by chain tension or sprocket size.  
But basically they are bulletproof.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 7:41 pm

You can't imagine how badly I've beat the heck out of my 2010. Unless you saw the skid plate.
It is hands down, the most reliable, well made motorcycle I have ever owned, and I have owned dozens over the last 40 years.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 11:57 pm

There's a new recall coming out for some of the clutch push lever seals... 14-16 but I don't think its all of them...
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 1:46 pm

09wrx wrote:
I purchased a 2009 Wr250X new years ago but did not keep it long.Also purchased a used 2008 WR250R but like all the rest did not keep that long.I am in the market for a dualsport after selling my Xt225,Xt250, and my Honda CRF250L.How have the WR250R's held up over the years?I see a recall for stator issues.

I suggest some time reading through this forum. The WRR has held up quite well and will be a significant upgrade certainly from the xt2* but also the CRF.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
VW_Lee

VW_Lee

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 11:28 pm

I bought my 2013 WR250R brand new in March, 2013.  I've put 10,000 miles on it since then.  I didn't get a notice for the stator recall, and mine died on the trail, resulting in a lot of pushing and a ruined riding day.  The dealer took care of it as expected.  Other than that, it has been fantastic.

I have been through something like 6 chain sliders in those 10,000 miles, but I think I can blame that on the inexpensive RK O-ring chain.  The links appeared crooked since day 1 with that chain, and I think that is what was eating into the bottom of the slider so much.  I switched to a DID X-ring chain about 1,000 miles ago, the links are nice and straight, and the slider has almost no wear on it.  I'm very good about chain maintenance and adjustment, so the conditions have been the same for each.

Most of my tweaking on the bike has had to do with different tire types and gearing.  Oh, and I broke the subframe by putting too much weight on it.  I used to have a Rotopax 1 gallon jug on the back along with a Peak tailbag with my tools and lunch in it.  I ride off-road in a pretty aggressive manner, so all that combined weight leveraging on the cargo rack for all those years finally caught up with me.  A buddy of mine welded it up, and I have given the Rotopax away to a friend.  I still use the Peak tailbag, but my backpack has gotten heavier with tools and water.  

Lee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May be buying a Yamaha WR250R   May be buying a Yamaha WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

May be buying a Yamaha WR250R
Page 1 of 1