Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Problem with start when engine is hot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_nuke

Problem with start when engine is hot Empty
PostSubject: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi, I have problem with my WR 250R from 2008.

Motorcycle start perfect when engine is cold and work few minutes than it turns off.
After that I can`t start it easly or it start but doesnt go on high RPM and shoot in exhaust.
I bought new spark, new ignition coil and check valve clearance.
I don`t have a tachometer in my bike, so i can`t read a error code.

Please help, sorry for my english.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
mr_nuke

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 pm

I hear fuel pump and I clean fuel filter, but I don`t know what pressure give the pump.
How I can check the pump ?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 am

The fuel pump starts showing problems in hot conditions, so given that it's winter time, fuel pump is probably not the problem.

Have you checked the air filter?

How fresh is your gasoline?

mr_nuke wrote:

You mean the display does not work, or has it been completely removed?
Back to top Go down
mr_nuke

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 am

First owner removed display completly.
Air filter is also new just like oil filter and oil.
Gasoline has maybe 2 months.

I was riding this bike 2 years with no problem.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 pm

mr_nuke wrote:
Hi, I have problem with my WR 250R from 2008.

Motorcycle start perfect when engine is cold and work few minutes than it turns off.
After that I can`t start it easly or it start but doesnt go on high RPM and shoot in exhaust.
I bought new spark, new ignition coil and check valve clearance.

Please help, sorry for my english.

Does it run okay with the fuel cap off or at loose? Though it doesn't seem to be common on WRRs some motorcycles are known known for this. Clearing the fuel tank vent fixes it.

-morgan

Back to top Go down
mr_nuke

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I will check it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Also check the fuel filter (part of the fuel pump assembly), or any additional fuel filters the previous owner may have installed.

The problem does not sound electrical in nature, sounds more like the engine is being starved of either fuel or air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with start when engine is hot   Problem with start when engine is hot Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem with start when engine is hot
Page 1 of 1