Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Kenda K772 Parker Desert?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Von551

Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  Empty
PostSubject: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Anyone have experience with these? Seem like a good affordable tire. I like the reversible direction for hard/intermediate terrain.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 pm

I ran the rear last year.
It was my favorite tire that I've run so far, it just plain works every where offroad and last good to boot. I liked it better than the trackmaster, ac10 and a bunch of non dot tires.
I run soft terrain front tires like kenda's Washougal for maximum grip in the wet stuff offroad so I haven't tried the front.
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks Biglake! I think I'm gonna try both, for the price, can't beat them. Wasn't too impressed by the hyped and expensive D606s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 7:42 pm

I'm running both the Parker DT front and rear. I really like them. Seem to be wearing well, great grip in a variety of terrains. Run the front towards "hard" though, it seems to work better for cornering/braking on pavement.
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 am

Thanks Traveller, you run the rear "hard" too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 am

Yes. It works well in SW Idaho terrain.
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 am

Nice, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rat Sass

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 1:35 am

What size are you using for the rear? I don't see the exact fit.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 9:20 am

They don't make a 100/100 which converts to a 120/80 so run the 110/100, its a little bigger than stock.
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyTue May 02, 2017 4:09 am

So a few hundred miles into these tires and I'm not sure I like them. The front is really squirrely on the road, I don't remember the D606s being squirrely at all. The front seems to grip really well in the dirt around corners, but still feels squirrely in a straight line. It likes to track grooves and ruts on dirt and street. The rear slides around corners, probably about as much as the stock Trailwing. I'm running both in the hard direction, but I think the rear does better in intermediate, so I might flip it. The rear is wearing really fast, especially after a 100 dual sport ride in the mountains with a lot of rocks and desert terrain. I'm thinking of trying a tire like the tkc80 after these for more road stability and decent offroad performance.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:01 pm

How much air did you run in the tires?
The parker dt's are pretty stiff, I only run 12 psi in the rear for fast rocky off road trips, it doesn't work well with high psi.
I also like to drift a bit around corners so I like the way the parker slides a bit, this keeps the front from washing out but it only slides when I try to slide.
I found the parker had way more side bite than the motoz enduro IT I had before it, that thing went sideways all the time not just when you want it to.
I cant comment on the front as I've never run it.
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptySat May 06, 2017 1:29 am

I run 15 psi as a compromise between road and dirt. I'd run less psi offroad, but don't want to hassle with airing back up for the street.
Back to top Go down
Braaap_the_Casbah

Braaap_the_Casbah

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:19 pm

So I recently took these tires off after 1k miles, they were toast! I can officially say that these are the worst tires I've ever run! They were so squirrelly that I had to adjust my suspension super stiff and lower my forks for stability.

I just switched to tkc80 tires and what a night and day of difference they make in the stability department! From zero miles they had no break in wobbles you normally have with a knobby on the road. They do good enough in the dirt, not as great as a true knobbie, but if they last 3k miles as projected, I'll be happy! I have about 1k on them right now and they're barely showing any wear. I took them to the desert and they're terrible in deep loose sand, but fine everywhere else. I'll probably go with a more aggressive knobbie next time for better offroad traction, like a Motoz Enduro I/T, but for now, with all the road I do to get to the trails, about 100 miles a ride, the tkc80 tires will do. Kenda never again!
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 8:41 am

TKC80 should provide you with plenty of mileage, at the cost of grip in loose sand, mud and wet grass, as you have experienced thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenda K772 Parker Desert?    Kenda K772 Parker Desert?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenda K772 Parker Desert?
Page 1 of 1