Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New to the forum from Ontario

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow

New to the forum from Ontario Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey folks. I just bought a clean '08 WR250R, that I will be picking up next week. This will be my first foray into any type of off-road bike... seriously hoping I don't break any of my old brittle bones.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Ha you are younger than me so you have at least 4 years left before the wr can inflict any damage. Welcome to the site,,, lots of good reading and real friendly members here. If you get a chance.. check out http://www.graveltravel.ca The trails {not sure if the ride zone is near your home area} are worth having a look.

Back to top Go down
Fiine_Liine

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 10:31 am

The age thing is interesting to me, I have seen several posts from older riders buying a WR. I am 58 and just got bored with fast street bikes and cool vintage stuff and decided to add going back to a dual sport. It has been a long time and I am trying to balance ability, expectations, and reality. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
shadow

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Fiine_Liine wrote:
The age thing is interesting to me, I have seen several posts from older riders buying a WR. I am 58 and just got bored with fast street bikes and cool vintage stuff and decided to add going back to a dual sport. It has been a long time and I am trying to balance ability, expectations, and reality. Good luck.

Those are my exact thoughts. My FZ8 is just starting to get fun as I get into "lose your license speeds". My GS1000 is a cool old bike, but it's heavy and a bit finicky.
I've only managed to get a couple of hundred kilometres on the WR (stupid winter won't quite let go), but I'm really loving it. It's so much lighter and more nimble than the other bikes, and never gets up to the speeds that get you into trouble.
I don't see myself selling the other bikes anytime soon, but I think they'll be getting ridden a bit less.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm

i probed the old fart and riding question over on ADV.. been an interesting thread to say the least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum from Ontario   New to the forum from Ontario Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum from Ontario
Page 1 of 1