Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Left side indicators doesnt work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jens Eskildsen

Left side indicators doesnt work Empty
PostSubject: Left side indicators doesnt work   Left side indicators doesnt work EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:15 pm

So, I've had this problem for a long time, but the bike is often used offroad, so not much of an issue untill now.

Anyways, the left side indicators doesnt work. The bulbs are fine, and the green bulb in the display blinks at a higher rate than normal, just like when one of the bulbs is out.

The right ones work as they should.

I swapped the wires for the rear indicators, and the rear left works fine when i connect it to the wires to the left right side. (so the rear left is blinking with the front right)

Is there a place where the wires from the front and rear indicators meet, where I could have a ground problem or simular?

When i rode last time, the left indicators started working during the ride, so im guessing a loose connector or something?
I've cleaned the 2 bulletconnectors for the front indicator at the lightmask, and cleaned the triangular shaped connector under the seat for the rear lights. Is there something between this?

I didnt go as far as grabbing a mulitmeter, and my head just doesnt understand wiring diagrams...

Any inputs is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Left side indicators doesnt work   Left side indicators doesnt work EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Any input at all?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Left side indicators doesnt work   Left side indicators doesnt work EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 am

Are these the stock turn signals or are they after market?

If aftermarket I would start chasing the wires back and look for a bad connection.

It has been awhile but I seem to remember if you pull the lh side panel your will find a wire bundle with some connectors.  Chase the signal lines back and I believe they attach in this unique three way connector.   I would go back to that connector and check for voltage back there.  If you have voltage when the flasher is on then my guess is a bad connector or a break in the line to the flasher.

Also at the connectors look for terminal push outs.  These happen when the terminal was not properly seated in the connector housing and you go to plug in the mating connector.  Instead of the two terminals seating with one another, instead the one terminal gets pushed out of the house and can give you an intermittent connection that will eventually fail.

Left side indicators doesnt work 20140412

Picture is for reference only
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Left side indicators doesnt work   Left side indicators doesnt work EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Just realised I never updated this thread.

There was a broken wire by the frame/steadinghead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left side indicators doesnt work   Left side indicators doesnt work Empty

Back to top Go down

Left side indicators doesnt work
Page 1 of 1