Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Brake Switch Adjustment..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. Empty
PostSubject: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:18 pm

I've removed my brake lever and replaced it with new one from amazon. Trouble is that the brake light is always on.
How can I remove the brake switch and adjust it back a bit? Is this done by hand?

I can't find any info on this adjustment in the service manual.

Thanks! thumb
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. EmptyMon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 am

I encountered the same problem. Unfortunately there is no adjustment that one can make.

What I ended up doing was super-gluing a small shim (a cut-up washer actually) on the part of the lever that presses the brake switch, and this did the trick.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. EmptyTue May 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks for that about the shim.. I'll give it a shot, shouldn't have to be too thick.

Cheers thumb
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. EmptyWed May 03, 2017 3:48 am

I've done the gluetrick aswell.

Sometimes the little brakelight-switch sits a bit loose, so it gets pushed back a few mm, so the brakelever doesnt engange it. A little glue/ect helps here aswell.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. EmptyThu May 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion..
I bent a small washer around the curve on the lever where it contacts the brake actuator. Super glued it on and it's working great cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Switch Adjustment..   Front Brake Switch Adjustment.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Brake Switch Adjustment..
Page 1 of 1