Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bucktuckerman

bucktuckerman

Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment.  puzzled Empty
PostSubject: Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled   Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment.  puzzled EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 6:23 pm

Hi,

I just put a new front disc brake on my 2018 wr250r. Purchased OEM replacement disc. Pads are pretty new.
Put everything back together (as I have done many times before) however, here is the mystery.

Usually, after remounting the wheel I squeeze the front brake lever a few times, pressure is restored and off I go.

But this time the pressure does NOT come back. Brake fluid is fine.
Front brake lever goes all the way down to the grip. I hear a little contact, but it does not "bite".

Never happened before. It almost like the new disc is THINNER than the original.

Is there a way to increase pressure? or adjust calipers so they are closer together?

Buck
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled   Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment.  puzzled EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 3:49 am

bucktuckerman wrote:
Is there a way to increase pressure?  or adjust calipers so they are closer together?

No, you can't adjust brakes like that; the problem is that you either:
  1. Have air in your brake line, or
  2. The master cylinder piston is worn out

Most probably it's (1), so you need to bleed the brakes; before you start make sure you have adequate brake fluid in the reservoir.
Back to top Go down
bucktuckerman

bucktuckerman

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled   Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment.  puzzled EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 7:55 am

Thank you for the quick reply!

Brakes were fine prior to removal, so I suspect that you are right. #1

I'll bleed them.

thx again!

buck

johnkol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled   Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment.  puzzled Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Brake Caliper problem / adjustment. puzzled
Page 1 of 1