Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Emergency Ignition lock bypass

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jbwi112

Emergency Ignition lock bypass Empty
PostSubject: Emergency Ignition lock bypass   Emergency Ignition lock bypass EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 pm

My wrr has 5k hard dirt miles on it, I have had the ignition lock get fussy and not let me pull the key out, or even turn it.... I have cleaned the lock cylinder and used graphite lube which helps somewhat. The lock cylinder is constantly getting bombarded with dust and gobbs of mud from brutal trail riding.

Its only a matter of time until it wont turn in the middle of the woods Shog

I would like to have a emergency bypass solution, looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like a guy could connect the brown and red together, and connect the two blue wires together and the bike should start.

I am not the best with wiring diagrams, can someone confirm this please?

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Ignition lock bypass   Emergency Ignition lock bypass EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 am

I've dissasemled and totally cleaned the ignition lock on my Xt600.Cant see why it shouldnt be possible on the Wr.

Its a bit of a hassle, but sounds like ot should be well worth it for you. The most timeconsuming part for me was to drill thorugh the "security"bolts holding the lock in place.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Ignition lock bypass   Emergency Ignition lock bypass EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 12:56 pm

jbwi112 wrote:
My wrr has 5k hard dirt miles on it, I have had the ignition lock get fussy and not let me pull the key out, or even turn it.... I have cleaned the lock cylinder and used graphite lube which helps somewhat. The lock cylinder is constantly getting bombarded with dust and gobbs of mud from brutal trail riding.

Its only a matter of time until it wont turn in the middle of the woods Shog

I would like to have a emergency bypass solution, looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like a guy could connect the brown and red together, and connect the two blue wires together and the bike should start.

I am not the best with wiring diagrams, can someone confirm this please?

I have a little under 10k of hard dirt riding on my '12. I can help with a bypass but I've had the same problem twice and in both cases a new key fixed it. Most recently a local locksmith was able to make a key that worked as well as the oem key.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emergency Ignition lock bypass   Emergency Ignition lock bypass Empty

Back to top Go down

Emergency Ignition lock bypass
Page 1 of 1