Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2017 Continental Divide Ride

Go down 
+2
JemmyOtis
dbradford0820
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dbradford0820

2017 Continental Divide Ride Empty
PostSubject: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 pm

A blue bike (WR250R) and an orange bike (690 Enduro) do the Continental Divide.  Here's a bit of what I got so far.  More to come...stay tuned.

https://youtu.be/9AEKKS5pIK8
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Just awesome, thanks for sharing and inspiring! Great video production as well. I hope you'll do a trip journal with more details. This ride is on my list. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 4:46 am

Awesome.

The helmetcamvideos seems very bumpy tho'
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 pm

wow!!
bow
Back to top Go down
dbradford0820

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 4:30 am

Thanks! I'm still working on the full video. I'm trying to make it so that it tells the whole story in more detail. And yeah...there were some bumpy bits for sure. We had a guy on an 1190 that backed out which allowed us to do some tougher parts.
Back to top Go down
dbradford0820

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 11:09 am

As promised, here is the final video.  I'm working on a RR also at http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/great-continental-divide-ride-2017.1250447/

https://youtu.be/aJciWku9upQ
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 am

Awesome, can't wait to watch it! This longer one will need a cigar and a bit of whisky. ;-)

Any chance you can break down what mods you've done to the R (what windshield is that? what gearing? etc.), what luggage/gear you took and what worked well vs what didn't? I really like that the bike doesn't look overloaded even for a substantial trip like this.
Back to top Go down
dbradford0820

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

jotis wrote:
Awesome, can't wait to watch it! This longer one will need a cigar and a bit of whisky. ;-)

Any chance you can break down what mods you've done to the R (what windshield is that? what gearing? etc.), what luggage/gear you took and what worked well vs what didn't? I really like that the bike doesn't look overloaded even for a substantial trip like this.

No problem.

1) Gearing is 14-49
2) Windshield/Fairing is the Britannia Composites Lynx R Fairing with 12 volt cigarette and USB plugs in the dash
3) Gas tank is IMS 3.1
4) Pro Taper Bars with Acerbis Handguards
5) Go Race full suspension rebuild (Front and Rear)
6) Wolfman side racks (No longer sold by Wolfman) with Rotopax mount
7) All Wolfman luggage
8) Seat Concepts Seat
9) Dunlop D606 Tires
10) Ram Phone Mount
11) Doubletake Mirrors
12) Pro Moto Billet Rear rack
13) DRC??? Fender Eliminator with LED turn signals.
14) Drone is a DJI Mavic Pro

All I've ever done to the motor is pull the AIS.  No performance mods.
Back to top Go down
dbradford0820

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pm

My bags weren't waterproof and that is something I want to remedy before doing something like this again. I'm happy with the Wolfman stuff, but I need to start looking at their waterproof stuff. Tent was a Eureka Down Solo. Worked fine, but packs bigger than most one man tents. Sleeping bag was Cabelas XPG 30 degree...worked great. Seat to Summit Sleeping pad and dry bags...worked great.

Only things I would really change would be waterproof luggage and looking for a tent that packs smaller.
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm

dbradford0820 wrote:
jotis wrote:

No problem.

1) Gearing is 14-49
2) Windshield/Fairing is the Britannia Composites Lynx R Fairing with 12 volt cigarette and USB plugs in the dash
3) Gas tank is IMS 3.1
4) Pro Taper Bars with Acerbis Handguards
5) Go Race full suspension rebuild (Front and Rear)
6) Wolfman side racks (No longer sold by Wolfman) with Rotopax mount
7) All Wolfman luggage
8) Seat Concepts Seat
9) Dunlop D606 Tires
10) Ram Phone Mount
11) Doubletake Mirrors
12) Pro Moto Billet Rear rack
13) DRC??? Fender Eliminator with LED turn signals.
14) Drone is a DJI Mavic Pro

All I've ever done to the motor is pull the AIS.  No performance mods.

dbradford0820 wrote:
My bags weren't waterproof and that is something I want to remedy before doing something like this again.  I'm happy with the Wolfman stuff, but I need to start looking at their waterproof stuff.  Tent was a Eureka Down Solo.  Worked fine, but packs bigger than most one man tents.  Sleeping bag was Cabelas XPG 30 degree...worked great.  Seat to Summit Sleeping pad and dry bags...worked great.

Only things I would really change would be waterproof luggage and looking for a tent that packs smaller.

Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tally Whacker

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Dustin, what did you pack for the ride? What was very useful, and what just took up space?

Back to top Go down
wayben20

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 am

This is so cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Continental Divide Ride   2017 Continental Divide Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

2017 Continental Divide Ride
Page 1 of 1