Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!

Go down 
+4
X-Racer
lancek
Bgunn
Pancho
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancho

Pancho

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Empty
PostSubject: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:27 pm

So, finally last thursday I received the box with my WRR

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Wrrpancho1

After one hour of assembly, it was ready to rock!

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Wrrpancho3

Let's do some work on it now, as someone did here, I used a chopping board to make a rack, and also a skid plate.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1969s

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1970s

I must say the chopping board is really hard, it took me about 1 hour to bend the board with a heat gun. And let me tell you is really good, yesterday on my first ride I hit many stones, and nothing happened to it.

Next, add a handlebar pad and handguards.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1971n

And finally, my clone of an european product, but all home made, and really cheap, just a 60 ml seringe, a small bike fuel valve, and a serum hose. I removed the tools from their case (most probably someone could take them if I leave the bike alone in the street) and placed the seringe inside, next to it the fuel valve (joined both with a small piece of hose, also drilled a hole at the bottom of the tools pocket), and then route the serum hose to the rear sprocket. Add some red hydraulic oil to the seringe, regulate the oil drop rate, and voila, automatic chain lubbing, just remember to open or close the valve as needed.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1966vd

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1967w

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1968gh

Hope you like it...
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Nice mods, the chain oiler especially.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am

4th picture down - is that the missus in the back going:
1. why is there a motorbike in my kitchen
2. what the hell have you just done wiht my chopping boards?

Ohh to be a fly on the wall!
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:22 am

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! 851577 didn't notice THAT part of the pic!
1-"when are you going to stop buying bikes and start selling them?"
2-"you buy a chopping board to your bike, and not to use it in the kitchen?
3-"can I ride it?"
4-"why do you want to enlarge the garage, if anyway you'll find the way to fill it FULL of bikes and tools?"
5-"why....."
and so on, and on and on.... Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! 29721
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm impressed by the lack of a frying pan in her hand as well as having a Beemer, CRF AND a WRR.

With all but a Kawasaki, three different style bikes each, I like to prefer to it as "Cultural Diversity" in our garage. Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Lol
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 pm

I have two questions...?

1. How did you get a WRR in the create? Dealers around here insist Mama Yama won't allow them to sell unassembled bikes to customers. Is that a load of B.S.? This is probably just a U.S. restriction - chalk up another stupid rule to trial lawyers in this country!

2. How did you get a black framed WRR?

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:58 pm

I'll take a shot at answering:

1) In the USA, it is a for-sure thing that Yamaha Motor Corp., USA requires all of the dealers setup the bike (assemble them and do the predelivery steps) for the customer.
Selling it in a crate goes against the dealer agreement, though it does happen sometime.
In fact, when I worked for a different Yamaha dealer a few years back, I brought home more than a couple new Yamahas in crates that the shop owner let me take home that way.

2) His location is listed as Argentina.
Must be different colors down there. :)
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks -

I already knew the answers - I don't really agree with the "setup" but I know why - it's good dealer pad to their bottom line and Yama avoids the lawsuit for some want-to-be wrench turner losing a front wheel on his first time out.
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:28 am

Well, all wrrs have black frames here, white or blue plastics on Rs, and black or blue on Xs.

As the create, well, if you live in a town wich has a dealer (not my case, 460km away from nearest) you may pick up the assembled bike at it. But in my case, and many others, we have to get bikes shipped, and believe me, you don't want your bike to be shipped assembled. So you have to find a dealer that have bikes on their create to protect them while they're transported, it's like a mandatory condition if you want your bike scratch free! Also Argentina is a country where you find that bikes are almost 20% expensive in the countryside than in it's capital, Buenos Aires (1600km away from home). So usually I buy bikes there. For instance, the wrr in Neuquen (Province capital) costs almost 3000 dollars more than in Buenos Aires, and shipment from Buenos Aires costs about 300 dolars....
Also, here is like the ultimate pleasure to receive a "boxed" bike, the feel that no one except the japanesse man that assemble it at the factory touch it before, is "priceless". Obviusly if you have some mechanics skills and like it.
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks Pancho,
I agree, I'd like the feeling of putting my bike together out of the create. I don't really trust most dealers to tighten bolts correctly for my comfort. After all, it's my a** on the bike riding down the road. I don't know why we don't get more choice colors here. FJR's are only offered in one color per model year here. Americans like choices! I suppose we are a little spoiled that way.

That's quite a price disparity depending on where you get the bike! $3K more!?!? Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Icon_rolleyes
I guess dealers try to stick it to you no matter what country you are in.

HP
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 am

Yamaha wr250r '09 MSRP (Argentina) = US$ 11700
Buenos Aires dealers from US$ 9500 to US$11000
My province dealer US$12000
I bought it for US$9300 as a "bargain" in Buenos Aires.
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:05 am

Pancho wrote:
Yamaha wr250r '09 MSRP (Argentina) = US$ 11700
Buenos Aires dealers from US$ 9500 to US$11000
My province dealer US$12000
I bought it for US$9300 as a "bargain" in Buenos Aires.

HOLY CRAP! Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! 622730

I'll take assembled for $4900!
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 pm

You mention making a skid plate out of a cutting board but I do not see any pictures. Could you post some? Here is a picture of a rear rack I made out of a cutting board for my WR250F.
Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! KayakingtripAug2009033

Pancho wrote:
So, finally last thursday I received the box with my WRR

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Wrrpancho1

After one hour of assembly, it was ready to rock!

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Wrrpancho3

Let's do some work on it now, as someone did here, I used a chopping board to make a rack, and also a skid plate.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1969s

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1970s

I must say the chopping board is really hard, it took me about 1 hour to bend the board with a heat gun. And let me tell you is really good, yesterday on my first ride I hit many stones, and nothing happened to it.

Next, add a handlebar pad and handguards.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1971n

And finally, my clone of an european product, but all home made, and really cheap, just a 60 ml seringe, a small bike fuel valve, and a serum hose. I removed the tools from their case (most probably someone could take them if I leave the bike alone in the street) and placed the seringe inside, next to it the fuel valve (joined both with a small piece of hose, also drilled a hole at the bottom of the tools pocket), and then route the serum hose to the rear sprocket. Add some red hydraulic oil to the seringe, regulate the oil drop rate, and voila, automatic chain lubbing, just remember to open or close the valve as needed.

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1966vd

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1967w

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Img1968gh

Hope you like it...
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 am

Why do you need to constantly oil the chain? It's just going to fling that fluid all over the rear of the bike.

I would be concerned about a branch snagging that line without you noticing and then heading onto paved road with lubricant all over your rear tire.
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:26 am

no, I just open the valve a few seconds and close it again. It works for me, on both bikes, the WRR and the KXF, with no problems so far and incredible transmission life... sometimes i did forgot to close the valve and made some mess Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! 9356 , but the oil I use is really "clean" and with some water problem solved....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!   Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods! Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand new WRR out of the box, into the mods!
Page 1 of 1