Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Question about air intake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancho

Pancho

Question about air intake Empty
PostSubject: Question about air intake   Question about air intake EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 pm

I was checking all on my new wrr, and I'd like to ask to the experts the following:
Why worry about removing the solenoid and flapper and all off the airbox flapper when you can just remove the door from wich you acces the air filter, and leave it open like any motocrosser? Or is it too much air intake? Question about air intake Icon_scratch Just that.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Question about air intake   Question about air intake EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm

The flapper and actuator is not going to change performance, it's just extra junk taking up space under the seat
As for the airbox door, lot's of guys remove it, but you need a fuel controller and I'm not sure how much gain you get without exhaust
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Question about air intake   Question about air intake EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:30 pm

i hear removing the door adds HP on the dyno, but feels 'worse' in the saddle. plus you get alot more dirt in the air box. try it and see.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Question about air intake   Question about air intake EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 pm

To me, it would make sense if you never go near deep water, as well as richening the fueling.
Probably makes lots of intake noise, too.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Question about air intake   Question about air intake EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Instead of some how using glue/epoxy/screws to keep the flapper open I simply took a screw driver and hammer and wacked away at the pivot point of the flapper. Ultimately, the entire flapper assembly broke off where it was sonic welded the the air box. The air opening also nearly doubled in size because of this. Pretty easy too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about air intake   Question about air intake Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about air intake
Page 1 of 1