Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AIS... what to do (intake ?s)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wifarmboy

wifarmboy

AIS... what to do (intake ?s) Empty
PostSubject: AIS... what to do (intake ?s)   AIS... what to do (intake ?s) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 pm

i am just wondering what is the deal with the ais thing i get the pollution control part but anywhere i look its take it out leave it in take it out and so on. im pickin up my new megabomb and powercore and fmf programer tomorrow and got a lot of stuff to do with all that but is it worth messin with the ais to take it out??? also i fab alot of little stuff is there any issue w/ just making a little block off plate 20 buck seems steep for a one inch piece of metal. i have the flapper out also alot of ppl say the work together some say they dont and so on.
i got some air box vents coming too would the "ultimate air mod" be worth the time w/ these little vents in.

any other little easy mods that make i difference that you know of??
thanks
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

AIS... what to do (intake ?s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIS... what to do (intake ?s)   AIS... what to do (intake ?s) EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Ya just whip up a little cover for the AIS it's about the easiest fab job out there, it really takes a mitt full of parts off the bike and cleans up under seat area
There's a lot of buzz about making huge holes in the air box but remember, the throttle body is like 44mm so ....there are gains to be made but I wouldn't go nuts with it
The best mod is a 12 tooth front sprocket, makes a huge difference but does not have a downside
Back to top Go down

AIS... what to do (intake ?s)
Page 1 of 1