Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wallycycle

wallycycle

Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel Empty
PostSubject: Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel   Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel EmptyWed May 02, 2018 7:38 pm

I installed the Yamalink and also used the OEM shock max lowering option. Pulled forks up in the triple tree about 18mm. Bike was then too upright while on the side stand so then installed the WR250X side stand which is about 1" shorter. Bike now leans over pretty much like when I bought it.

After doing this, I noticed that the bottom of the shock spring retainer plate just kisses the inside of the swing arm tunnel when on/off the side stand with no rider. As soon as I put a little weight/downward pressure on the seat, it moves away.

Has anyone else noticed this? Dan at Yamalink suggested that if it bothers me, just lengthen the shock just enough turns to provide clearance, which of course will raise the bike slightly. Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel Wr250r10
Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel Wr250r11
Back to top Go down

Yamalink + OEM Max Lowering: Shock Kisses Swingarm Tunnel
Page 1 of 1