Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hockey4ever

Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal   Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 2:39 pm

I only need to replace my fork seal. I don't want to revalve the suspension. Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace only the fork seal? I saw a post saying we need to remove the cartridge and another post saying the opposite. I don't want to buy the damper rod removal tool if i don't need to. Thanks

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal   Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 5:20 pm

hockey4ever wrote:
I only need to replace my fork seal. I don't want to revalve the suspension. Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace only the fork seal? I saw a post saying we need to remove the cartridge and another post saying the opposite. I don't want to buy the damper rod removal tool if i don't need to. Thanks

I don't believe you have to but check out some YouTube videos on it.

I seem to recall that the manual told me I needed to remove it but I did not have too in my case. I think the manual was gear towards a complete fork rebuild.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal   Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 3:45 am

No, you do not HAVE to remove the damper/cartridge assembly, and, yes, the Yamaha Service Manual will show all of the steps to completely disassemble the fork.
The thing is, you do have to be careful not to allow the damper rod to extend out of the lower fork tube while handling it and inadvertently whacking it against something and bending it, scratching it, or in some other way molesting it.

Just search YouTube for "WR250X fork seal", and you will see videos of what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal   Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal Empty

Back to top Go down

Do i need to remove the fork damper rod to replace fork seal
Page 1 of 1