Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fork Seal Warranty Replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kjharn

kjharn

Fork Seal Warranty Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Hey guys,

I've been suffering from a leaky fork seal for over a month now. I cleaned it out with a feeler gauge twice, a shard from a two liter bottle a few times, and 35mm film THREE times. Still leaked. No dings.

So, I broke down and brought it to a local dealership that I've always had good luck with. Everyone has said that fork seals can't be replaced under warranty due to the fact that it's a wear and tear item, but when I went to pick the bike up today, the receipt said $0. The service manager said that since I purchased my bike in April, it shouldn't have worn out yet and that the warranty will cover it. What a pleasant surprise! cheers

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up... If your bike is new, you may be able to get the dealership to replace it for you completely free of charge, despite the fact that it's a wear and tear item.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:10 am

Glad you got that taken care of, leaky fork seals are a mess. Hang on to that dealer.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:15 am

Sonofabitch.

Mine is now leaking for the 3rd time, and I am not replacing it anymore. I simply do not give a shit.

The dealer I bought it from, Thiels' Wheels in Upper Sandusky, Ohio; refused to honor the warranty claim the first time, after a few months of purchase and with 2000 miles on it.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 pm

MeefZah wrote:
Sonofabitch.

Mine is now leaking for the 3rd time, and I am not replacing it anymore. I simply do not give a shit.

The dealer I bought it from, Thiels' Wheels in Upper Sandusky, Ohio; refused to honor the warranty claim the first time, after a few months of purchase and with 2000 miles on it.

This wasn't even the dealership I bought it from. I had a HUGE fiasco with the original dealership, big enough that they knocked of 2k from the bike.... Bitches. They wouldn't have honored the warranty either, even if I bitched at them. These guys didn't even ask. I went in with the full expectation of paying for it all. Nice surprise.

Are you just going to keep filling it up? Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:24 pm

My left fork seal is leaking bad too. Enough that I can no longer stoppie because of the amount of oil on the rotor. I'm trying to nurse it till the winter when I'll have the entire suspension re-done for my weight.

Mark, do you know of any places to have the suspension gone through in the area?
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 pm

3KGT_Maddness wrote:
My left fork seal is leaking bad too. Enough that I can no longer stoppie because of the amount of oil on the rotor. I'm trying to nurse it till the winter when I'll have the entire suspension re-done for my weight.

Mark, do you know of any places to have the suspension gone through in the area?

No. I generally use a guy in Galion, Dave Evans / Dave's Cycle (he's old skool and not online) for repairs, but I don't know how good he is at suspension work. He spins a lot of wrenches with his son for dirt track stuff so he most likely knows his stuff when it comes to that, but I have no experience with his suspension work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fork Seal Warranty Replacement   Fork Seal Warranty Replacement Empty

Back to top Go down

Fork Seal Warranty Replacement
Page 1 of 1