Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicad

Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank Empty
PostSubject: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 2:30 pm

I can see that I would only need a partial fill for most rides, but just wondering how the WR250R handles with a 4.7 gallon tank with 2 or less gallons? Does the bike perhaps feel even lighter than stock with a small quantity of gas down low?
Tia
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 4:19 pm

I had a big gastank on my xt600. Its hard to compare to stock, as its hard to compare directly, but it will feel way lighter than with the complete 4,7gallon thats for sure.

Go try it out =)
Back to top Go down
Nicad

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
I had a big gastank on my xt600. Its hard to compare to stock, as its hard to compare directly, but it will feel way lighter than with the complete 4,7gallon thats for sure.

Go try it out =)
I haven't bought the bike yet (but might pull the trigger very soon) just putting together my projected layout for what I hope to set the bike up to do. (Back country and back road touring, with some local trail riding. Thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:52 pm

It's not the weight that makes the difference, it's the size of the tank that limits you. If you're planning hardcore enduros, then the big tank is not a good idea; in any other usage though, the quantity of fuel in the big tank is not a factor.

I don't do single track on the bike, so I always fill the big tank to the max (which is actually more than 5 gallons rather than 4.7).
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

I have both the 3.1 and 4.7 gallon tank.

The big issue I have with the 4.7 gallon tank is I cannot slide as far forward on the bike as I do with the 3.1 tank.... rather I should say I have to work more at sliding forward with the 4.7 gallon tank.

but Johnkol is right, if you aren't doing some enduro type stuff then you really won't notice much of a difference.

In fact, I am getting ready to put my 4.7 gallon tank back on my WRR since I like the extra range it provides.
Back to top Go down
Nicad

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:42 am

OK, thanks for that observation. Anyone tried both the IMS 4.7 and Safari 3.7? Is there much difference in the ergonomics?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am

Nicad wrote:
OK, thanks for that observation. Anyone tried both the IMS 4.7 and Safari 3.7? Is there much difference in the ergonomics?

Just an observation..

If you are concerned about range then just get the larger tank - it may impact your riding a bit but nothing that you can't over come. IMHO the larger tank will impact your riding less than going with a smaller tank and carrying fuel elsewhere on the bike.
Back to top Go down
Nicad

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 1:15 am

rsteiger wrote:
Nicad wrote:

Just an observation..

If you are concerned about range then just get the larger tank - it may impact your riding a bit but nothing that you can't over come.  IMHO the larger tank will impact your riding less than going with a smaller tank and carrying fuel elsewhere on the bike.

Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank   Handling with half full  4.7 gallon fuel tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Handling with half full 4.7 gallon fuel tank
Page 1 of 1