Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donny1

engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop Empty
PostSubject: engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop    engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Hey everyone. Just need some information or ideas for issue with my bike.
Bought 2008 WR250X. two years ago, Has 21,000 km on it and runs perfectly. Last winter decided to tear down to motor and frame to go through and change , service, modify .
Everything from bars, hand controls, white plastics, graphics, brakes, chain and sprockets, AIS removal, air box mod, exup removal, exup eliminator added , FMF exhaust added with stock header, EJK controller. Pretty much everything I could do without getting into the motor right now.
The bike runs great, everything works as it should with the exception of two issues.
1st issue - Engine light is on. Diagnostic shows code 17 and code 30. If I am not mistaken it is exup and tip over. Tried plugging old exup servo in to clear code like someone on forum has mentioned but didn’t work. Looked at tip over and seems to be connected properly and no damage noticed. Tried clearing code with diagnostic mode and that isn’t working.

2nd issue - diagnostic mode not working properly. In area to cycle the fan it doesn’t, in the area to cycle the headlight it doesn’t, in area to clear codes it doesn’t clear the two codes. When fan or headlight should be cycling it sounds like the fuel pump is continuously running. The headlight does work when the bike is running. Haven’t heard the fan go on yet.

I do have a shop manual but I am unable to locate anything that may give me an idea where to look now.
If anyone has an idea of a possible cause, where to look, what to look at please feel free to chime in. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Donny1

For the
Back to top Go down
Donny1

PostSubject: Re: engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop    engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Also in diagnostic mode it is not giving me battery voltage. The battery is new and bike starts fine. I have no clue what the issue is.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop    engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 am

Are you flipping the killswitch to activate the fan?

Its not uncommen for the fan motor to spin on the fan itself, so the motor is running, but the fan isnt turning.
Back to top Go down
Donny1

PostSubject: Re: engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop    engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 am

Yep, flipping the switch.

Same goes for headlight test,.Sounds like fuel pump continually runs when the fan or headlight is supposed to be cycling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop    engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop Empty

Back to top Go down

engine light and diagnostic mode not working prop
Page 1 of 1