Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Legolas

Legolas

Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup? Empty
PostSubject: Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?   Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 4:57 pm

I have this unit, but I cannot configure the fuel levels, revolutions and temperature sensor in it  dunno , I have a WRR 2008 .

I have reviewed the service manual, but I cannot find the value in ohms to know when the tank is empty and when it is full.

I saw in a part of the forum that there by 2010-2011 someone was developing a tachometer for the WR but apparently abandoned the project. If someone has installed an aftermaker meter, I would appreciate if you help me with information on how to configure it correctly.
Back to top Go down
asphaltaddict33

PostSubject: Re: Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?   Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

The WR does not have the type of fuel level sensor that the Koso gauge is designed for.

The WR just has a single sensor attached to the fuel pump at the bottom of the tank, and when it is no longer covered by fuel the stock 'low fuel light' illuminates.

That Koso gauge is looking for constantly decreasing resistance levels based on the fuel level in the tank, and the WR sensor is basically an on/off signal.

For the RPM pulse setting, I am unsure if the WR ignition is a 'wasted spark' setup, which would use a pulse setting of '1', or if it is a more precise system which would use a pulse setting of '0.5'. Its one of those two RPM pulse settings on the Koso so that should be easy to solve.
Back to top Go down
Legolas

Legolas

PostSubject: Re: Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?   Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm

asphaltaddict33 wrote:
The WR does not have the type of fuel level sensor that the Koso gauge is designed for.

The WR just has a single sensor attached to the fuel pump at the bottom of the tank, and when it is no longer covered by fuel the stock 'low fuel light' illuminates.

That Koso gauge is looking for constantly decreasing resistance levels based on the fuel level in the tank, and the WR sensor is basically an on/off signal.

For the RPM pulse setting, I am unsure if the WR ignition is a 'wasted spark' setup, which would use a pulse setting of '1', or if it is a more precise system which would use a pulse setting of '0.5'. Its one of those two RPM pulse settings on the Koso so that should be easy to solve.

Thank you very much for the information, but then I can use that ignition signal off from that point to illuminate when to turn off or turn on the gas signal.

I don't know if it will be possible in the KOSO gauge to configure it as just a power off signal and not different levels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?   Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Meter KOSO DB-01 RN how to setup?
Page 1 of 1