Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is my meter assembly dead?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roambc

Is my meter assembly dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is my meter assembly dead?   Is my meter assembly dead? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi everybody, first time poster here.

I have a new to me 2008 wrr. Took it out for my first ride and everything worked great on the bike BUT second ride, the Speed/display/meter unit decided to no longer work. The bike still runs fine and all electronics still work (turn signals, horn, brake light, headlight).

Things i've checked:
- Check & charge battery
- All fuses are good, even swapped some with change
- Power to display is still good
- Checked all connections going to the display

The only light that will still work on the display is the turn signal indicator.

I am kind of at a loss on this one, and not sure what to check next. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

sittingbl likes this post

Back to top Go down
morgan9283

Is my meter assembly dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my meter assembly dead?   Is my meter assembly dead? EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm

Roambc wrote:
Hi everybody, first time poster here.

I have a new to me 2008 wrr. Took it out for my first ride and everything worked great on the bike BUT second ride, the Speed/display/meter unit decided to no longer work. The bike still runs fine and all electronics still work (turn signals, horn, brake light, headlight).

Things i've checked:
- Check & charge battery
- All fuses are good, even swapped some with change
- Power to display is still good
- Checked all connections going to the display

The only light that will still work on the display is the turn signal indicator.

I am kind of at a loss on this one, and not sure what to check next. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Though I have not had this happen it sounds like you need a new display. I'd buy one and try installing it.

-morgan
Back to top Go down

Is my meter assembly dead?
Page 1 of 1