Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
odysseyguard

Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK    Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum and stoked to find this place after all these years.

Anyway I'm from the UK and I own a Yamaha wr250r 2008 with 8500 miles. I love the bike and have always shut the idea down of selling it, but I always check how much there going for.

I bought it for about £2600 in 2014. I saw one go recently on Ebay for 3200£. This was mint condition and the guy had bought it from a dealership and hardly used it, but I was shocked at the price with 18 bids from 8 different bidders.

Now I'm aware they were discontinued in Europe in 2015, could this be part of the reason why they are going up in value in this area of the world? What are peoples thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK    Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 am

Dont think it matters too much. You seem to conclude that prices go up based on one bike, and we can all take a guess why, but no one knows for sure. Its also hard to compare when we dont know how much they were out the door in your country. Shog

I think its a combination of the other bikes in the segment not beeing as good, and the relatively low volume of wr250r's purchased in europe

For me, and mine, I wouldnt sell it cheap, because its hard to get another, and I dont think any of the other companys compare (klx250, crf250l ect ect)
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK    Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 am

LOL, even if true, what you describe isn't appreciation. It would just be a slightly slower rate of depreciation vs. market demand when you bought your bike used.

But it's a big stretch to draw any useful conclusions just by looking at sale prices for only two used bikes purchased 6 years apart.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK    Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Yamaha wr250r's APPRECIATING in the UK
Page 1 of 1