Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New (to me) bike with some mods...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mbabc

mbabc

New (to me) bike with some mods... Empty
PostSubject: New (to me) bike with some mods...   New (to me) bike with some mods... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:37 am

Hi Folks,
New guy and I just picked up a '08 with 3000 miles and a few mods off Craigslist in St. Louis. Here's a shot under the seat.

New (to me) bike with some mods... DSCF1225sm

The air box has been opened up (flapper?), but what's the open electrial connector (EXUP?) and what's the tube along the frame side panel with a sheet metal screw stuck in it?

New (to me) bike with some mods... DSCF1227sm

Should I remove the EXUP motor? The cables are removed on the right side of the bike. Do I need to do the servo mod?

I'm getting in the next month or so a real bash plate, hand guards, risers, enduro tank bag, tail rack and bag. Maybe a safari tank and 606's before I head to Big Bend in Feburary.

This thing is like a sports bike compared to my KLR. What a blast!

Mark B. in Louisville
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bike with some mods...   New (to me) bike with some mods... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:32 am

Kewl...

Yeaup.... Looks like all that. I simply drilled the entire box-top out and made a disposable replacement cover out of a plastic ziplock container top (spot-bonded down on the corners with shoe-glue).

It needs a bath and some attn to the chain (Suggest you remove and brush the rust on the outside with a soft brass brush and soak it in motor oil for a spell).

Can you get a replacement pipe and omit the ExUp all together ? ( I assume it's throwing a code (30 as I recall) for the ExUp being disco'd). Yes... You'll need the ExUp plug-in (to eliminate the code).

I think I left the sheet metal screw sensor in. Didn't see a reason to remove it. There's probably a reason though.

Get a battery tender plug-in and carry the jumpers in your survival bag (just in case).

If you change the pipe and remove the ExUp you'll want a FI mapper. I got the Dynojet Power commander mostly for convenience of not having to learn another as I have one on the R1.

Not sure what Big Bend is, but sounds like WI. Maybe snow tires ? :)

Congrats....
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bike with some mods...   New (to me) bike with some mods... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:11 am

Hey Mark B.,

Hello from another Kentuckian! Looks like the PO used the screw to cap the line rather than remove the hose and cap it at the throttle body; that way he/she didn't have to raise the tank. Take a look at the Tech Guide on this site:

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/

Here's a thread about a DIY Servo-Sub when removing the EXUP:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849081

Sarah
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bike with some mods...   New (to me) bike with some mods... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 am

green connector was for the flapper controller - I used electrical tape to cover the open end on mine and tucked it under.
Sheet metal screw is the tube that goes to the throttle body that used to connect to the air flapper controller. It is easier to just plug it there than it is to remove the tank and plug it in at the throttle body.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy the WR !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) bike with some mods...   New (to me) bike with some mods... Empty

Back to top Go down

New (to me) bike with some mods...
Page 1 of 1