Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Easy rimz switch wrx

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuny wrx

Easy rimz switch wrx Empty
PostSubject: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptyFri May 22, 2020 8:52 am

Hi my WR friends 🤟
Im new here from belgium and complete virgin on any kind of forum. I saw a simular "plugg and play" question in the "specifics" catagory. But im still not so sure.
Riding my WR250X 2010 for 10 years now.
Since i did a kamikaze move with my ktm 450 i was hoping to put some bigger wheels and mx tires on my WR so i can keep sending it in the dirt for now.
Problem is im not sure which one to chose best.
I have checked out the smpro site and warp9, i think the warp9 is most clear where i have a fitting front rim ( 21" 1.60")
Now my question: for the 2010 wrx the site gives me 3 options. (18" 2.15 / 18"2.5 and 19"2.15 ) i wanna go for the biggest, meaning 21"front and 19" rear like my ktm but im not completly sure. Also i guess i should order stock wrx disc brakes and sprockets so i can switch more easy and dont have to adjust the chain to much?
Hope one of you smart gents can help me out.
Btw, amazes me every time how much this 250 engine puts out and what kind of a smooth operator he still is ! Just love that son of a gun
Thanks in advance.
Greetz
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptyFri May 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Another option is to get the original WRR Yamaha wheels: https://japan.webike.net/YAMAHA/WR250R/Wheels/5906/1094/mc/
Back to top Go down
Kuny wrx

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Thx mate,

You sure they fit ?i read somewhere the R disc was smaller.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptyFri May 22, 2020 5:45 pm

The front R disc is smaller; you will need to relocate the front brake caliper when you switch between dirt to SM setups.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptyFri May 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Kuny wrx wrote:
I have checked out the smpro site and warp9, i think the warp9 is most clear where i have a fitting front rim ( 21" 1.60")
Now my question: for the 2010 wrx the site gives me 3 options. (18" 2.15 / 18"2.5 and 19"2.15 ) i wanna go for the biggest, meaning 21"front and 19" rear like my ktm but im not completly sure. Also i guess i should order stock wrx disc brakes and sprockets so i can switch more easy and dont have to adjust the chain to much?

I don't see anything on the SMPro site for the WRR. Warp 9 has WRR wheels, but they are more expensive than the OEMs, so why bother?

A 19" rear wheel is not a good idea.

There is no plug-n-play way of switching between WRX and WRR: the front hubs, front brake rotors, front brake calipers, and front master cylinders are all different; at the very least you will have to relocate the front brake caliper every time you switch, but I am not sure if the standard WRX caliper can be moved from its relocation bracket to the fork bracket.
Back to top Go down
Kuny wrx

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptySat May 23, 2020 2:28 am

Ok great tip !
Where can i find these OEMs best?
I also found a friend who wants to sell his WR250F wheels but i guess its the same storry right?

Thx for the quick respons!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx EmptySat May 23, 2020 3:04 am

The OEM wheels are in the link I posted previously: https://japan.webike.net/YAMAHA/WR250R/Wheels/5906/1094/mc/

The WRF wheels do not fit the WRR: completely different spacing and axle diameters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy rimz switch wrx   Easy rimz switch wrx Empty

Back to top Go down

Easy rimz switch wrx
Page 1 of 1