Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR large rotor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Hey all, i went and bought a big rotor kit for my WRR/X conversion (Warp9) where they suggest red loctite for the caliper bracket. I was planning on removing bracket when fitting the R wheels with nobblies for off roading, however red loctite is a permanent application, more so than blue anyway.

What do people with X rims/large rotor do when they want to switch to R rims/small rotor? Remove bracket or fit a large rotor on R rim, if thats possible?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 4:52 pm

I don't see why the Warp9 bracket would have a different spec than regular brake calipers that only specify blue loctite.

I wouldn't use red, I would use blue loctite and torque it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Im pretty sure theres a X sized rotor, which mounts up on the R model hub. So your R wheels is a straight swap-in on a X model.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 6:13 pm

yeah i read there are different hubs etc, none of which i understand. Not sure if I explained myself well....I have a '14 R model with an additional set of Warp9 SM rims with a standard (R sized) rotor. I've ordered and just received a large rotor and bracket set, which means I will have to remove bracket every time I want to fit the OEM R rims...hence my question...whether or not a large rotor fits the WRR 21in front rim. Either way, i'll use blue loctite like JK said and be done with it. To be honest i hardly ever hit the trails any more, and if i can find space in the stable (and $$$'s Very happy ) i might just purchase a dedicated dirt oriented bike thumb
Back to top Go down
johnkol

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 am

Just to allay your fears, I take my street bike to the track, and I use blue loctite on the caliper bracket (which is what the manufacturer recommends too). These calipers experience forces that a WRR will never see, and the bolts have never moved.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 5:11 am

yeah thought as much JK, maybe they're suggesting red to cover their backs for legalaties? What's your track bike?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 1:31 am

Yeah, sounds like an attempt to CYA.

I have a CBR600RR that I take to the track.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Good choice, ride safe thumb

johnkol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR large rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR large rotor   WRR large rotor Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR large rotor
Page 1 of 1