Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Warp 9 Rotor Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 Rotor Issue   Warp 9 Rotor Issue EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:19 pm

I purchased the Warp 9 SM wheels for my R>X conversion, complete with new rotors front and back. First test ride revealed significant pulsing of front brake. Dealer said rotors were bent out of acceptable Yamaha specs and were too thin, again, out of Yamaha acceptable limits. THEY WERE BRAND NEW. Never heated once as test ride was disaster.

I called Warp 9 and they could not have been any classier. They took my name and number and said they would call me back in 10 minutes after looking into my order. They called back in 10 minutes and told me that my rotor was part of a bad batch and they were very very sorry for my inconvenience. They are going to ship me a top of the line full floating rotor at no cost to me.

My feeling is that these things happen. They apologized and rectified the problem and to some degree compensated me for my trouble (and dealer fee) by upgrading my rotor to their top of the line rotor at no cost. In addition, they did this without my pushing at all. I called once, and they came back with apologies and compensation. I never had to argue with them once. They could not have been any nicer to talk to.

The dealer was even very cool about it, charging me only 1/2 hour labor instead of trying to hose me.

Last edited by gatorfan on Thu May 16, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 Rotor Issue   Warp 9 Rotor Issue EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:36 pm

That's great.

Sounds like Warp 9 was expecting those calls for people with those bad rotors.
Back to top Go down
Drax

Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 Rotor Issue   Warp 9 Rotor Issue EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Same thing with mine last spring. Hey handled it great once I called them, but doing a bit of searching shows a lot of people have the same issue. I'm a little disappointed they put a low quality rotor on the rims. I would rather pay extra and get a better rotor.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 Rotor Issue   Warp 9 Rotor Issue EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Update****

Still waiting on the new rotor from Warp9. They assured me they will ship as soon as they get the rotors from the manufacturer which is in Germany.

So I am putting my stock front rotor on the Warp9 wheel in the meantime.

Do I put the black rubber wheel ring from the stock wheel on the Warp9 wheel?

Here it is installed on the wheel. It did not fit so great, that's why I'm asking.
Warp 9 Rotor Issue Img_0216
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 Rotor Issue   Warp 9 Rotor Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp 9 Rotor Issue
Page 1 of 1