Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Speedo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkeynuts

New Speedo Empty
PostSubject: New Speedo   New Speedo EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm

While I've been off work for a time now, I finally scratched the itch that was the speedo replacement !
Speedo is a DAYTONA DEVA 01 - Multi-function Gauge

https://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/gauges-c4/motorcycle-gauges-c27/multifunction-gauges-c29/daytona-deva-01-multifunction-gauge-p933

Ive had my bike from new since 2009, and since fitting the Athena 290 BB with 3 x ring piston, I always wanted to be able to monitor the reeves and temperatures.
Now I can !
List of things I now have-
Speedo
Rev counter
Temperature display, Water, oil and air.
Fuel gauge
Gear indication
L/R indicator notification

The only thing that I don't have is the engine light and water temperature light.
The water temperature light will be sorted with a thermal switch I am going to mount on the cylinder.
I found a fuel gauge that fits a Suzuki YBR125, it clips directly into the same mount that the low level switch clips to. The pump had to be rotated 180Deg, mounting ring for the pump modified, along with adjustment of the float arm and rotating the outlet pipe.
I have a 3G IMS tank, it does show that it is full when it has about 2 1/4 gallons in, showing empty with 1/2 gallon left in the tank. I am happy with that.
Connection for fuel was taken from the old gauge cluster wiring along with neutral pickup, main beam, L/R indicators, permanent main live, ignition live and neutral. Tacho pickup was taken from the ECU loom, speedo from by the speedo pickup plug.
Water temp has coupler installed in-between radiator and thermostat, oil was taped into the oil filter cover.
The plugs for the original speedo are still in place and are accessible to allow connection of the speedo, just incase I want to adjust the Co2 or interrogate for a fault codes or to test components, all without having to remove anything.
After calibrating the speedo and running the gear sensing procedure, it works faultlessly and looks a lot better than the original. IMO

Sorry I can't manage to post a pic !

If anyone would like some more info, please do let me know, I can email pics if needed, and they can be posted.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

New Speedo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Speedo   New Speedo EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:55 pm

I had my wife open this thread Suspect
Back to top Go down

New Speedo
Page 1 of 1