Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?

Go down 
+2
papi4baby
rahiminia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rahiminia

my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? Empty
PostSubject: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 pm

well with my current gearing 12-45t my speedo is now roughtly 20% more then it should be its pretty much useless and cant afford a speedo healer untill around xmas time D:, anyway i was just wondering how much would my odo be off by now? i dont have a gps or anything to test it so i was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be off by if the speedo is off by 20%? also with the speedo corrected to perfect via speedo healer, how much would the odo be off by then? cheers.
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

The same.
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 pm

papi4baby wrote:
The same.

i dont think its the same, i read in a few posts somewher that the odo and speedo are off, when you fix one you change the other automatically you cant have both of them the same
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 pm

papi4baby wrote:
The same.

Incorrect.

The speedo from Yamaha is 7.7% (roughly) off and the odometer is correct in stock form.

As gearing changes effect the speedometer, they also effect the odometer, but with that gap being about the same.

They will never be synched with each other on the stock unit.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Unless this bike does something different the odometer works together with speedometer.

If it is registering you going 20 % slower then it should record to the odometer 20% less miles.

Maybe someone else will correct me if i am wrong.
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm

motokid wrote:
papi4baby wrote:
The same.

Incorrect.

The speedo from Yamaha is 7.7% (roughly) off and the odometer is correct in stock form.

As gearing changes effect the speedometer, they also effect the odometer, but with that gap being about the same.

They will never be synched with each other on the stock unit.

That makes no sense that they would be independent.

But if you say so , i wont argue.
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 pm

ok guys i jsut want to know roughly how much % my odo is over or under? at the moment i get this feeling is registering around 10%ish more which really sux for sale value...
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

rahiminia wrote:
ok guys i jsut want to know roughly how much % my odo is over or under? at the moment i get this feeling is registering around 10%ish more which really sux for sale value...

if that's what you are worried about go into diag mode and it won't register any miles thumb

Actually better not do that :nono:

next owner might not be so happy

Also try doing a little search. This topic has been discussed in depth before and I remember reading a thread with very good detailed information about it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:39 pm

click me <-- here's one thread on it

There are plenty of others.

Scroll down to 12o'clockers post.

Yamaha fvcked us on this to be sure....and yes - it' doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

rahiminia wrote:

Drive a specific path in your car. Note mileage.
Ride same exact path on bike. Note mileage.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 pm

motokid wrote:
click me <-- here's one thread on it

There are plenty of others.

Scroll down to 12o'clockers post.

Yamaha fvcked us on this to be sure....and yes - it' doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is.

I'll be.

Thanks for correcting me.

I would like to meet the genius at Yamaha that made this decision.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I think its because they definitely want to be under rather than at or over on speed but they want the maximum accuracy on mileage, so they put in a small correction factor for the speed or some such.

With my current setup my speed is about 3% high and my miles about 4% low.
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:47 am

going to buy the SpeedoDRD once i have some spare cash, just hope its simple to install
Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:55 pm

I recently installed the SpeedoDRD. It's very easy to install and comes with good instructions.
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 am

NAL250R wrote:
I recently installed the SpeedoDRD. It's very easy to install and comes with good instructions.

awesome =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?   my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off? Empty

Back to top Go down

my speedo is about 20% off but how much % is odo off?
Page 1 of 1