Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch cable compatibility

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UncleFappy

Clutch cable compatibility Empty
PostSubject: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm

Trying to cheap out on raising my bars on my '15 wr250r. I've got the right side done (rotated throttle cables underneath and rerouted everything to behind the triple tree). On the left side, I know I'm going to have to extend the wiring and either reroute existing clutch cable or really, better to replace it with a +2" or +3" from Venhill. But I was wondering if a stock cable from another bike in the Yamaha family might work as long as its a bit longer?

Thoughts, prayers?

rapete likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 2:22 pm

I rerouted my clutch cable on the left side on the cylinder, and it fits with risers.
Didnt have to touch the throttle tho'

UncleFappy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 5:57 am

UncleFappy wrote:
Trying to cheap out on raising my bars on my '15 wr250r. I've got the right side done (rotated throttle cables underneath and rerouted everything to behind the triple tree). On the left side, I know I'm going to have to extend the wiring and either reroute existing clutch cable or really, better to replace it with a +2" or +3" from Venhill. But I was wondering if a stock cable from another bike in the Yamaha family might work as long as its a bit longer?

Thoughts, prayers?

Eh, I'd buy a longer cable from Motion Pro.  Will be more efficient than trying to part match your way to success.  The cost difference might be worth the hassle.

Back to top Go down
UncleFappy

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:13 am

So I emailed Motion Pro. Turns out they stock a +2" cable! Part #05-0424 for $14.99!

Thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
Monica

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 5:36 pm

UncleFappy wrote:
So I emailed Motion Pro. Turns out they stock a +2" cable! Part #05-0424 for $14.99!

Thanks everybody.

Very nice thumb

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch cable compatibility   Clutch cable compatibility Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch cable compatibility
Page 1 of 1