Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
abc23

wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  Empty
PostSubject: wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly    wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 pm

So I was on my way to a motorcycle ride and was riding for about 35 mins before the bike just suddenly died on me.  I came to a stop sign to do a turn and boom just died.

wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  Img_6810
wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  Img_9810

1) I kept trying to push the starter button and NOTHING. zero... nada.  I turned the bike on and off multiple times and still nothing.  Upon further inspection I noticed that the fuel pump doesn't prime when I turn the ignition on either. I tried to bump start the bike many times but NOTHING. Then an error code popped up #15 (throttle postition stuck/ short)  and also #12 (Gear position sensor) im not exactly sure if 12 is the error code or not because when I go into diagnostics on the bike the error comes up at 15. I posted up both pictures for you to look at and determine how to read it correctly.

2) All lights work, horn works, turn signals, license plate light, brake light.

3)I replaced every single fuse on the bike to rule those out, I noticed I don't hear any click from the starter relay either when I turn the ignition on.

4) all safety switches have been bipassed and were running fine before this happened so I can rule those out.

5) I Ohm'd the kill switch and starter and both are good.

6) battery is at 12.9V

At this point Im kind of lost.. I feel like I can rule out the starter because that doesn't have anything to do with this really... Im leaning towards starter relay or Maybe its because of the gear position sensor? I really have no idea and hoping someone can help me out here. I find it so weird it just craped out randomly on me. I never had any issues with this bike for years since I've owned it.

I feel like it can't be a fuel pump issue because even if it wasn't priming I would still be able to crank over the starter right?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly    wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly  EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm

If the fuel pump does not prime then you won't be able to bump-start the bike since there is no fuel going to the engine.

Can you borrow a good battery and see if this is a battery issue?
Back to top Go down

wr250x --- Bike Died Randomly
Page 1 of 1