Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A shot at TDF on a WRR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheAgavePrince

A shot at TDF on a WRR Empty
PostSubject: A shot at TDF on a WRR   A shot at TDF on a WRR EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi all. Just picked up a great 08 WRR and have started outfitting it. I'd like to take off after the holidays and start heading south, ideally reaching Ushaia before it's too cold to be in Ushaia on a motorcycle. Am still fiddling w/luggage/fuel arrangements but so far have the following:

Safari tank
Rotopax (not mounted yet)
Giant Loop Great Basin bag
Assorted Wolfmann luggage
Happy Trails SU rack on the way
Flatland Racing bash plate and Radiator guard
Heated grips on the way as well as hand guards

Not sure what i'll use and what i'll send back yet. I'm keeping it mostly stock (airbox, pipe, AIS/EXUP, gearing) for now, as i'm running out of time (been out of the country for awhile) and need to get on the road, and I just don't want to mess around with it this close to a trip. I'm sure i'm overlooking quite a bit, but if there's anything glaring this fine machine may need to undertake a large trip please point it out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: A shot at TDF on a WRR   A shot at TDF on a WRR EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 pm

TheAgavePrince wrote:
if there's anything glaring this fine machine may need to undertake a large trip please point it out. Thanks!
Do you have a gps, mount, hardwire? Not required, but a "nice to have" when heading out on a big trip.....
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: A shot at TDF on a WRR   A shot at TDF on a WRR EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 pm

tire change perhaps?
Back to top Go down
TheAgavePrince

PostSubject: Re: A shot at TDF on a WRR   A shot at TDF on a WRR EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:10 am

Garmin 60csx for the GPS
Planning on strapping a pair of D606s on the back; i'll burn up the rest of the stockers on the way down (from MN) and will swap them out when I get somewhere warm A shot at TDF on a WRR 89954

After reading HF's review of the Sidewinder chain and sprocket I think that would be a wise investment, but i'm struggling to get over the $300 investment and busting off my perfectly good stock chain...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A shot at TDF on a WRR   A shot at TDF on a WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

A shot at TDF on a WRR
Page 1 of 1