Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Throttle cable replacement tips?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickbee

Throttle cable replacement tips? Empty
PostSubject: Throttle cable replacement tips?   Throttle cable replacement tips? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 am

After putting a Scotts Sub mounted damper on it seems my throttle and clutch cables are a bit tight.

I ordered a +2" set for both. The clutch side looks like cake, but the throttle body seems a bit buried with limited access . It seems like you can only get to it from the top as the frame blocks access from the side. Any tips or tricks on this? I was thinking since it's time to replace coolant I might just remove the throttle bodies with the cables still attached and then swap them out. Is this is a good idea?

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
rapete

rapete

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable replacement tips?   Throttle cable replacement tips? EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 7:07 am

scotts damper seems to be a different chapter but when I went for the GPR steering damper not only had I to take of the upper triple clamp but also life became much easier when taking off the tank.
Exchanged for an IMS tank anyway but once you take off the tank you easily access the throttle and clutch cable. Had to get longer cables as well.

Nickbee likes this post

Back to top Go down
WRRSanDiegoMeng

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable replacement tips?   Throttle cable replacement tips? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:33 am

I am actually struggling with this right now, just finished rebuilding my valve head on my WR and getting to installing cables, you will have to remove the fuel tank and then once you remove the cables up top and pull it through you will have plenty of slack to finesse the cables out of the throttle body deal. Just make sure you pay attention to how the cables are ran into their holes, as far as the end of the actual cable. I cant seem to figure out where the pull cable runs to. BTW, if you turn your throttle tube upside down and have the cables run on the bottom of the bar vs. the top, that will give you slack.

Nickbee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable replacement tips?   Throttle cable replacement tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

Throttle cable replacement tips?
Page 1 of 1