Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WRRSanDiegoMeng

Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) Empty
PostSubject: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:05 am

Good morning folks, im hoping somebody can tell me where the push and pull cable go on the throttle body i believe the push goes on the bottom? but it seems like my cables do not have enough slack been messing with this for a while now, never had this issue before. i have my pull cable on the top or rear hole and it works great without the push cable. thanks ahead!

Last edited by WRRSanDiegoMeng on Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:24 am

Yes, pull cable is on top and push cable on bottom.

Did you change something and now cables are not long enough?
Back to top Go down
WRRSanDiegoMeng

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:33 am

Well I had to rebuild my valve head, auto cam chain tensioner failed and it skipped timing and piston smacked both intake valves. New valves, guides seals chain whatever lol. putting it back together i have everything except the push cable installed in their hole and there just doesnt seem to be enough slack in it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Since you didn't change anything, the only explanation is cable routing: from the grip the cables are routed vertically down behind the headlight on the right hand side, continue down on the right hand side of the frame, and cross over to the left hand side just above the engine.
Back to top Go down
WRRSanDiegoMeng

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 2:49 pm

I figured it out, it was just that theres not much slack the cables. With everything loose as possible i still had to pull it over the keeper. I just needed to relax and play close attention. rebuild is done bike runs great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)   Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Throttle cable potion in linkage, need help please (fixed)
Page 1 of 1