Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gearing question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim92

Gearing question Empty
PostSubject: Gearing question   Gearing question EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I just bought a new wr250r. Plan on riding the bike mostly off road. I’m gonna be running d606 tires. Wanted to know what a good gearing for those tires would be? I heard those tires are a little bigger than stock size so I figure that will effect the gearing. With those tires a 13/45 would probably be equivalent to 13/43. Everyone on this forum seems to like 13/47 for off road but are they running stock tire size or d606 120/90-18. Would I need 13/49? What is your gear preference for the d606 tires?
Back to top Go down
woofer2609

Gearing question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearing question   Gearing question EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:22 am

Jim92 wrote:
I just bought a new wr250r. Plan on riding the bike mostly off road. I’m gonna be running d606 tires. Wanted to know what a good gearing for those tires would be? I heard those tires are a little bigger than stock size so I figure that will effect the gearing. With those tires a 13/45 would probably be equivalent to 13/43. Everyone on this forum seems to like 13/47 for off road but are they running stock tire size or d606 120/90-18. Would I need 13/49?  What is your gear preference for the d606 tires?
I'd personally go 14/51.The 14t cs sprocket gives better clearance between the chain and slider. You can also always go down to 13t for really low gearing.
Back to top Go down
WRinSC

Gearing question Empty
PostSubject: I'm running 14/51 at the moment.   Gearing question EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 11:39 pm

I'm running 14/51 at the moment, (Primary Drive from Rocky Mountain) and am happy with the setup, but the 51 tooth rear sprocket was so big that I had to remove the plastic chain guard (on the top of the swingarm), and it is almost touching the chain guide (the one on the bottom of the swingarm. Be aware that the aftermarket 14T front sprocket is too big to use with the factory cover, so I ended up getting a Sandman case saver and cover (very happy with them, by the way). Also, there is a significant amount more noise from the front sprocket than before, which concerned me at first, but it is due to the OEM sprocket having sound dampening material on it, as well as the close-fitting OEM cover. The replacement sprocket has no dampening rubber material, and the sandman cover has large openings, which is great for cleaning the mud out, but I just had to get used to a little more noise from the sprocket.
Back to top Go down
woofer2609

Gearing question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearing question   Gearing question EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 7:34 pm

WRinSC wrote:
I'm running 14/51 at the moment, (Primary Drive from Rocky Mountain) and am happy with the setup, but the 51 tooth rear sprocket was so big that I had to remove the plastic chain guard (on the top of the swingarm), and it is almost touching the chain guide (the one on the bottom of the swingarm.  Be aware that the aftermarket 14T front sprocket is too big to use with the factory cover, so I ended up getting a Sandman case saver and cover (very happy with them, by the way).  Also, there is a significant amount more noise from the front sprocket than before, which concerned me at first, but it is due to the OEM sprocket having sound dampening material on it, as well as the close-fitting OEM cover.  The replacement sprocket has no dampening rubber material, and the sandman cover has large openings, which is great for cleaning the mud out, but I just had to get used to a little more noise from the sprocket.
Stock cover and insert works just fine with the 14t. I've been running mine with it for 10,000km's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gearing question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearing question   Gearing question Empty

Back to top Go down

Gearing question
Page 1 of 1