Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ZETA footpeg fitting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Banger

ZETA footpeg fitting Empty
PostSubject: ZETA footpeg fitting   ZETA footpeg fitting EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 am

Hi All.
I'm looking at buying a set of ZETA 57mm footpegs for my WRR.

Options for these bike that I can find are limited - I have bought a couple of sets lists for WRR/F bikes that I've had to return as they were not compatible. baldy

I need some advice/knowledge on the springs required to go with these pegs if possible please.
The stock ones are not going to work, so wondering if the stock springs for from a WRF will work - they look to have the hooked end fittings needed.

Any and all Info much appreciated. (Also, any other brands of tried and tested A/M pegs welcome)

Thanks in advance.
Rob
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: ZETA footpeg fitting   ZETA footpeg fitting EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 pm

You can't beat the titanium YZ 2004-2007 pegs, P/N begins with 5XE-274... Can be found cheap on eBay, I got my set for $25. Make sure you get the springs for them because the WRR springs won't fit.
Back to top Go down
Banger

PostSubject: Re: ZETA footpeg fitting   ZETA footpeg fitting EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look on the Bay.

I assume, as you have partial P/No ref, you are referring to stock pegs from a YZ250F.
They are a direct fit with the WRR hanger bracket? (Springs aside) Ie: still fold rather than fouling the bracket mounting bolts etc.

Hit so many dead ends so far trying to find compatible cross over options.

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: ZETA footpeg fitting   ZETA footpeg fitting EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Yes, these were stock on YZs, both 2T and 4T.

They are direct fit, but they will not fold all the way in; for that to happen you will need to shave off a ridge on the peg, highlighted in red here: ZETA footpeg fitting Yz_tit10

One positive thing of this modification is that you can customise the position where the right peg stops folding so that it doesn't gouge your rare brake lever like the OEM peg does.
ZETA footpeg fitting Yz_tit11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZETA footpeg fitting   ZETA footpeg fitting Empty

Back to top Go down

ZETA footpeg fitting
Page 1 of 1