Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stripped oil filter housing bolt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rider28

Stripped oil filter housing bolt Empty
PostSubject: Stripped oil filter housing bolt   Stripped oil filter housing bolt EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 1:54 am

Hi y'all,

Recently bought a WR and just getting familiar with it. Attempted my first oil change today and thought it would be pretty straightforward. Wish I had discovered this forum before needing help!

Anyways, I stripped one of the bolts on the oil filter housing element. I hadn't even messed around with it much trying to loosen the bolt, specifically bought an extension socket to fit in there, and before I knew it I realized how rounded the bolt had become. Tried wrenching on it with some vice grips, sprayed WD40, etc. but I'm afraid I'm just making it worse.

I know I can't be the only one who has done this. Any tips to get the bolt out?

Stripped oil filter housing bolt Img-2110

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Starpower

Stripped oil filter housing bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped oil filter housing bolt   Stripped oil filter housing bolt EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 1:05 pm

There are a few techniques that may work - an EasyOut bit or a reverse flute drill bit. Both sold as bolt extractors.

YouTube will be a good source for you as well.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down

Stripped oil filter housing bolt
Page 1 of 1