Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wilit

Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? Empty
PostSubject: Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?   Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 7:26 pm

So my new to me WR has the lower bolt hole on the oil filter cover stripped. The previous owner jammed a different bolt in there and RTV'd it to presumably keep it from backing out or leaking? Anyway, I have a new bolt coming on the slow boat from Japan but I'd like to order a time sert kit to fix the threads. I can guess from the part number the bolt is 6mm, but don't know the pitch. It looks like it's an odd shouldered bolt which is different from the top two bolts. Are they the same thread pitch as the lower bolt?

Thanks,
wilit
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?   Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:12 am

I an 98% certain the thread pitch is the same as the other two oil filter cover bolts.

If you plan on using a thread repair kit to fix that stripped hole, make 101% certain you won't be blocking an oil passage within your bike's crankcase cover when you place that thread insert in the cover.

As was pointed out in your other thread with the pic of your bike, you have a 2001 WR250F.
This forum is for the WR250R and WR250X, and your WR250F has practically zero parts in common with the WR250R and X.
So, whenever looking for info or communicating info about your bike, you need to specify the F on the end of your model designation.
Why is it so confusing?
Ask the Yamaha marketing men.

The forum called ThumperTalk has a good WR250F section.
Back to top Go down
wilit

PostSubject: Re: Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?   Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Good info, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?   Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 3:36 pm

Have never heard about a special pitch of any of thoose bolts on any bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?   Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stripped oil filter cover bolt - what thread pitch?
Page 1 of 1