Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First valve check?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandonA.

First valve check? Empty
PostSubject: First valve check?   First valve check? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:42 pm

Hello, This will be a rookie question. I have 2010 WR250R with 26000 miles about to do my first valve check / cam chain check. I am wondering what gaskets I need to purchase so I don't miss anything... Also what is the best place to buy these parts?

Anything else I should check on or need to purchase for this job?

Thanks for your time....
Back to top Go down
johnkol

First valve check? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First valve check?   First valve check? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 am

Service manual recommends that you install a new head cover gasket, but it is not strictly necessary. I typically reuse the gasket, but add a small amount of Yamabond or Hondabond at the camshaft corner cutouts on the cylinder head.

You can also get a shim kit in advance, but I wouldn't recommend that since most of the shims will go unused.
Back to top Go down
BrandonA.

First valve check? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First valve check?   First valve check? EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First valve check? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First valve check?   First valve check? Empty

Back to top Go down

First valve check?
Page 1 of 1