Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Request help locating part number

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
txapacheguy

Request help locating part number Empty
PostSubject: Request help locating part number   Request help locating part number EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Greetings! I recently purchased a 2007 WR250. While doing some maintenance on the bike, I noticed the engine guard is missing one of the metal bushings/grommets that protect it, and its hardware from the frame.

The Engine Guard is part number 37 on the "Frame" section of most OEM parts sites, and the associated bolt that goes through the spacer is part number 38 on the same diagram. The OEM parts breakdowns do not appear to list this grommet separate from the engine guard, and the part does not seem to match any of the other body grommet hardware on the bike. It appears to be made of aluminum.

If anyone has a recommendation (part number/link) for an acceptable substitute, I would greatly appreciate the assistance!

Measurements for the part are as follows:

Outside Diameter: 17.6mm
Inside Diameter:     9mm
Thickness:              4.91mm

Will
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Request help locating part number   Request help locating part number EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 2:28 pm

The WR250R was first produced in 2008, so do you have the year wrong, or did you buy a WR250F?
Back to top Go down
txapacheguy

PostSubject: Re: Request help locating part number   Request help locating part number EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 11:32 am

You are absolutely correct. My bike is a WR250F. I ended up building a replacement from a bronze bushing purchased from a hardware store. The dealer is also unable to locate the part without purchasing the entire engine guard. Thanks!!!

johnkol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request help locating part number   Request help locating part number Empty

Back to top Go down

Request help locating part number
Page 1 of 1