Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Submersible Fuel Line

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
olekaw

Submersible Fuel Line Empty
PostSubject: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 4:27 pm

I'm going to replace the Fuel pump on my 2011 WR.  I've got the pump and it came with a fuel line but I would like to get a different line.  I know that Gates makes subermersible line but I don't know the size I need or where to source it.  Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:22 am

You don't need to replace any fuel lines when changing the pump.
Back to top Go down
olekaw

PostSubject: Re: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:54 pm

I should have been more clear in my inquiry.  In the fuel assembly there is a short pier of tubing (hose, rubber or vinyl) that goes from the top of the pump to the discharge outlet.  I would like to use a good grade of fuel line with clamps instead of what was provided.  I actually did this on another WR years ago but I can't remember what the size was.  Regular fuel line will degrade over time if it's submerged in fuel.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 3:05 am

You think that Yamaha would use a piece of fuel tubing in its gas tanks that is not rated to be immersed in fuel? My WRR is a 2008 and that piece of fuel tubing does not show any signs of degradation, and I have never read of anyone reporting a failure on that item.
Back to top Go down
yophilly

PostSubject: Re: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 3:48 pm

olekaw wrote:
I'm going to replace the Fuel pump on my 2011 WR.  I've got the pump and it came with a fuel line but I would like to get a different line.  I know that Gates makes subermersible line but I don't know the size I need or where to source it.  Any suggestions?

I bought a 1 foot piece from amazon 5/16", it was cheap and came in a day or two
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Submersible Fuel Line   Submersible Fuel Line Empty

Back to top Go down

Submersible Fuel Line
Page 1 of 1