Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections Empty
PostSubject: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Ok all you mechanical gurus.  Any clues why my 2008 wrr will not start??  I have confirmed spark plug is sparking.  So must not be getting fuel.  I put new fuel pump in.  Installed new injector.  sprayed carb cleaner in tube where fuel line connects on throttle body.  Dang thing refuses to run.

Is there something in the throttle body that keeps it from getting fuel??

The bike did sit for an extended period of time (9 months or so) with no Stabil in the gas.

Any ideas??
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:58 pm

Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the key?

I presume there are no fault codes showing, and the bike does crank but won't start?
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 11:47 am

Duuu. I figured it out. I did not have the fuel line pushed on all the way.

I think the original problem was a bad coil that connects to the spark plug. I had tested this with my multimeter and it tested bad so I purchased a new one. When the new one was on I confirmed the spark plug was sparking by removing the spark plug, connecting it, clamping a wire to the spark plug and running it to ground, then hitting the starter. You can then see the spark.

I also changed the fuel injector. But I think it was ok. It tested ok using the Diag Mode.

Now for a test ride!

johnkol likes this post

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 3:01 am

Interesting. So the fuel line was pushed in enough that fuel would not leak under pressure, but not so much as to allow fuel to actually flow to the injector?
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 8:59 am

johnkol wrote:
Interesting. So the fuel line was pushed in enough that fuel would not leak under pressure, but not so much as to allow fuel to actually flow to the injector?

Correct. I think the connectors on the fuel line have some sort of plug that shuts when you disconnect them. When you push the connector on it must open it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections   Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections Empty

Back to top Go down

Help; Won't Start - It Was The Fuel Line Connections
Page 1 of 1